MTB hermanus

Meezo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto on Goosebay's post Meezo.

Even if you don't want to partake in the event you can always go ride the trails afterwards on Sunday, they charge R40 for a permit and its well worth it.

I rode the new trails for the first time about a month ago and I was blown away by what they've quietly been building in the mountains over the past few years.

Really great riding and views for dayyyyyyys! [emoji6]

Ditto on Goosebay's post Meezo.

Even if you don't want to partake in the event you can always go ride the trails afterwards on Sunday, they charge R40 for a permit and its well worth it.

I rode the new trails for the first time about a month ago and I was blown away by what they've quietly been building in the mountains over the past few years.

Really great riding and views for dayyyyyyys! [emoji6]

It's been a while buddy, how's things!?

It's been a while buddy, how's things!?

Hi bud, things are going swimmingly....I can hardly keep my head above water these days.[emoji16]

How you keeping? Still planning on coming your side to ride Table Mountain or Tokai Forrest some time, will drop you a PM round then, maybe you can show me around.

will the race be using lomond estate for saturday and sunday? 

i assume i wont be able to day pass for either of these days to ride on my own

Do the Funky on Saturday - Lomond Wine Estate.  You won't be disappointed

The trails in town are fun for an evening bash. About 400/500m down mountain drive road, you enter up a jeep track, and then a small climb to a mini-reservoir. Just to the right of it, you enter in and there is a nice 1.2km XCO track (it was a bit overgrown when I was last there). If you carry on and make your way to Fernkloof, there is another trail there - not all time trails, but fun.

Going to holidaying in Hermanus soon

Are there any decent MTB rentals in the area?

Yes

White stone cycles (BMT) - Paul

Hermanus Cycles (??) - Leon

Eoudia

The trails in town are fun for an evening bash. About 400/500m down mountain drive road, you enter up a jeep track, and then a small climb to a mini-reservoir. Just to the right of it, you enter in and there is a nice 1.2km XCO track (it was a bit overgrown when I was last there). If you carry on and make your way to Fernkloof, there is another trail there - not all time trails, but fun.

Got a strava file or kmz please!

will the race be using lomond estate for saturday and sunday? 

i assume i wont be able to day pass for either of these days to ride on my own

The vibe is generally quite chilled so not sure if it will be a problem or not.  The race is 20km longer than the route and includes at least one fun downhill not on the klipspringer, and you have waterpoints :).  The fun route (red) should be open from lunch time or so.

You can also chat to Noami and just ask

Saturday will be less of a problem but Sunday you will be riding against the flow of the race.

be careful out there people - Hawston has now moved from being a den of poachers to attacking cyclists along the R43 in the middle of the day :ph34r:  :ph34r:

6 attacks since december 2 in last week

post-85316-0-49451700-1537530842_thumb.jpeg

Edited by bikebloke

be careful out there people - Hawston has now moved from being a den of poachers to attacking cyclists along the R43 in the middle of the day :ph34r:  :ph34r:

6 attacks since december 2 in last week

These are laaities trying there luck (and getting it right), they live a few meters away from the start of the trail.

Somebody who they try their luck with needs to get off their bike and give them a solid beating which should sort out the problem. I saw one riding on a Scott Spark that is way to big but he rode away when I called him.

These are laaities trying there luck (and getting it right), they live a few meters away from the start of the trail.

Somebody who they try their luck with needs to get off their bike and give them a solid beating which should sort out the problem. I saw one riding on a Scott Spark that is way to big but he rode away when I called him.

yeah ok ....

some just throw rocks but single cyclists have been attacked by groups and pulled off bikes and knives have been used so maybe "getting off your bike to beat them " isnt such a hot plan..... :whistling:

Hermanus Safe cycling run a Safe Cycling whatsapp group 076 043 3377 (Cycle Buddies) for anyone who visits and wants info or a group

Ride Safe guys and gals :thumbup: