CSA Communications

Rolling Stone

So based on your comment I went and wasted 10 minutes reading the financials.... and it only confirmed what I already knew and why I do take and INTEREST in !!

Hence why I have my opinion and comment.  Perhaps you should go read them yourself and also take an interest.

See my post above for the salient points if you can't be bothered to read them yourself.

Good for you reading the financials.

Yes I have read them and take an interest.Why would you think I have not read them?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you reading the financials.

Yes I have read them and take an interest.Why would you think I have not read them?

I believe you had not read them as you condemn me for sweeping statements without highlighting certain points within the financial that might disprove my statements.... yet prefer to attack my opinion without substance.....

I believe you had not read them as you condemn me for sweeping statements without highlighting certain points within the financial that might disprove my statements.... yet prefer to attack my opinion without substance.....

This was your sweeping statement

""Perhaps if CSA produced their financials as they are meant to do, but fail to do year on year you might but get your answer.....""

This was your sweeping statement

""Perhaps if CSA produced their financials as they are meant to do, but fail to do year on year you might but get your answer.....""

And up until 2017, they HAD failed to produce financials!!

At least it is a step in the right direction and they are getting corporate governance back in place.....

Edit: and if you don't believe me, you are welcome to read https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/168504-wtf-csa/?hl=csa where there are numerous comments of failure to produce financial statements and in particular the 2017 accounts because of serious fraud/mismanagement and failure to pay Hollard

Edited by shaper

The fact of the matter is that all races should be CSA sanctioned! Yes I do agree that CSA should get its house in order to warrant being paid the fee per rider and that the monies go into not only developement, but into getting the BEST riders to the right selected races overseas.

In Europe no one can just take a sport and use it as a vehicle to benefit their own profits eg businesses or promotion company........you have to go through the Governing body of that sport.

Same old same old. CSA suck and do very little for cyclists, in particular for the majority of "fun" riders but as its been said that they are there for the Lic guys, why would I as fun rider pay for membership. With the exception of the commissioner (biggish guy always wears tinted glasses) who I notice at most of the MTB race's the rest are aloof, unfriendly and appear to have a superiority complex. 

The fact of the matter is that all races should be CSA sanctioned! Yes I do agree that CSA should get its house in order to warrant being paid the fee per rider and that the monies go into not only developement, but into getting the BEST riders to the right selected races overseas.

In Europe no one can just take a sport and use it as a vehicle to benefit their own profits eg businesses or promotion company........you have to go through the Governing body of that sport.

Thanks Olffie

Critical, but constructive.  I am going to keep asking the question, because I have no idea what the answer is and I am hoping someone here is close enough to some of the riders that got chosen to go to worlds. What was the interaction with cycling regions when it came to financial support for their star riders ?

I am still wondering how many of our World Champs guys and girls applied to their regions for assistance?

Ummm how many guys who want to go to world champs are based in SA and part of a regional club? CSA has not created the environment in SA for talent to be created, hence they are overseas at their own expense or PPA. Asking the regions would make no sense.

Which reason is would Ashleigh apply to? What about Willie?

7e61676cfdf623fb1920398b3a6f6704.png

7a658d4cf7191be72e6cbcd4ef780286.png

Only 2 parts of the AFS worth reading. There is a material uncertainty about them continuing into the future. Also, from the going concern note they basically saying they have no plan and are hoping for money to fall into their lap. (Cut costs and increase membership)

Ummm how many guys who want to go to world champs are based in SA and part of a regional club? CSA has not created the environment in SA for talent to be created, hence they are overseas at their own expense or PPA.

Or private citizens who can’t stand to see young talent being sabotaged.

Edited by Patchelicious

As a matter of interest regarding the finacial statement expenses EXCO:

what is Cycling SA KZN DSR Events

Combined 20 Mil from 2016 and 2017?

As a matter of interest regarding the finacial statement expenses EXCO:

what is Cycling SA KZN DSR Events

Combined 20 Mil from 2016 and 2017?

Isn’t that the world champ mtb vibe thing? Prob just used same line item.

Isn’t that the world champ mtb vibe thing? Prob just used same line item.

That’s what I thought, if that’s the case then would like to see a breakdown of what makes up roughly 10 Mil each year

Why does an event like Karoo 2 Coast need the CSA exactly?  It's superbly organized, attracts thousands of mountain bikers, has hundreds of volunteers working long hours on race day, spends a small mint on emergency services, raises funds for charity, puts money into Uniondale and Knysna's economies, is transparent about where profits go, and has just had its 20th edition.

I had a great time.

Happy to pay a sizable entry fee for this one and can't say I missed CSA at all.

If CSA could do what the Lions Club does then sure, they could also take my money and put it into developing cycling.  But the irony is, K2C has done more to develop mountain biking using this model than CSA has using theirs.

The readon for this tihread is to allow the average cyclist to get CSA news and to be informed about anything csa related. the job that clubs used to do way back.

The good and the bad.

I just do not believe any of us are as informed as we should be.

I for one would like to know what sponsors and Lotto money CSA have received in 2018 and what it was spent on.

Some sponsors on CSA website. And Lotto logo thingy. I don't have figures and wouldn't even trust CSA's tuckshop money figures.

post-68095-0-78682300-1537789276_thumb.png

Edited by Phatman