Ibis Ripley LS Gen 3

Chubba

Anyone have one? What's the feedback?

I was looking at this and a Ripmo and couldn't find any local reviews or demos at the time. Revolution Cycles in CT are the guys to may be have a chat to as they stock and might have one to test now. I found there are a lot of reviews on YT and in the online mags. I think the aussie ones like Flow Mag seemed pretty honest as well as the various 'ride on' reviews on Youtube. 

Anyone have one? What's the feedback?

I have one, love the bike. Pedals well, pretty light and nible yet I can do enduro on it. It won’t win any stages but awesome all round bike. I’ll be out at contermans at sunrise tomorrow. Welcome to have a look and take a ride.

I have one, love the bike. Pedals well, pretty light and nible yet I can do enduro on it. It won’t win any stages but awesome all round bike. I’ll be out at contermans at sunrise tomorrow. Welcome to have a look and take a ride.

What tires you using?

What tires you using?

When just cruising around and not trying to go bos down the rock gardens I use the stock Nobbly Nicks with the blue stripe that came with the bike. Quite a few people hate the NN, not sure if that was before they brought out the addix compounds. I haven't had any issues with grip on them but then again I don't push too hard when they are on.  They are very voluminous and pretty decent weight. The side walls feel thin but I've had no issues. 

When doing enduro I put a 2.5WT DHF on front and 2.5WT Aggressor on the back. The aggressor fits just fine but does tend to kick up rocks that hit the swing arm so you need to add some protection there. I may consider going 2.3 in future on the back. I also put a 203mm rotor on front and moved teh 180 from the front to the rear.  

When just cruising around and not trying to go bos down the rock gardens I use the stock Nobbly Nicks with the blue stripe that came with the bike. Quite a few people hate the NN, not sure if that was before they brought out the addix compounds. I haven't had any issues with grip on them but then again I don't push too hard when they are on. They are very voluminous and pretty decent weight. The side walls feel thin but I've had no issues.

When doing enduro I put a 2.5WT DHF on front and 2.5WT Aggressor on the back. The aggressor fits just fine but does tend to kick up rocks that hit the swing arm so you need to add some protection there. I may consider going 2.3 in future on the back. I also put a 203mm rotor on front and moved teh 180 from the front to the rear.

I took the 2.6 NN off and got a 2.35NN in front and a 2.25 NN at the back. Not convinced with the traction on loose gravel type stuff and traction in the wet. I do think the handling is better with the bigger NN, but this thing climbs like a rocket with the thinner tires.

Are you running the 938 or 942 rims? My concern with 2.25 tires on a rim with 35mm internal width is that the tire may be a bit square?

There's a review of the Ripmo IIRC on the Ride Rate Review youtube channel. Local Ripper Wayne riding one.

Yea the ripmo is a beast but too much bike for 80% of the riding I do.

Yea the ripmo is a beast but too much bike for 80% of the riding I do.

Ja, beautiful bike. You can certainly get caught up with the short travel/long travel madness.

Are you running the 938 or 942 rims? My concern with 2.25 tires on a rim with 35mm internal width is that the tire may be a bit square?

i didn't take the ibis rims, on 29 internal width.

i didn't take the ibis rims, on 29 internal width.

Ok, I'll probably look at narrower tires for more XC / marathon type races in the future so was curious on what the wide rims can do to narrower tires.