Benoni Country Club MTB Trail

CoachShane

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this info is already in another post but couldnt find out, i know there are three different courses to ride there, but i wanted to know if you have the distances for each one? I know the red course is the more technical course but wanted to know the distances for time 

Hi there Shane.

Did two loops this Saturday with the wife and little one. 

Green loop: 10km on the nose https://www.strava.com/activities/1857613444

90% Yellow with the last two red sections thrown in: ~14.3km (negate my ride home) https://www.strava.com/activities/1857867620

To be honest, 99% of BCC is flat, sandy switchbacks. the yellow loop is still easy and the red sections I tried were straight forward too. For reference, the yellow loop deviates from the green loop to add distance, and the red sections are like optional extras to the yellow loop to add some distance and technical difficulty.

If you're looking at time, know that there is very little straight shot pedalling on the trail, predominantly just the entry and exit drags next to the perimeter fence.

Its extremely twisty and mostly soft, flat, sandy corners, so you'll be rubber-banding between corners a lot of the time. Your average speed takes a hit as a result. The yellow trail has some berms which let you keep your speed up, but these are few and far between.

• 11 months later...

Rode BCC yesterday morning. Near the Mealie Fields section in the forest (Tee off No. 12 entrance to the trail), we were stung by a swarm of wasps (we think). We initially thought they were bees, but they were too big for bees.

Bee careful!

Those twisty turns made it difficult to make a quick getaway!

• 8 months later...

Anyone know if BCC is open to ride? Or when it will open?

Seeing some activity in BCC the past week or so, but not sure if it is "officially" open.

Anyone know if BCC is open to ride? Or when it will open?

You can ride if you have the tags ( club membership) but if you need to buy a daily ticket at the Pro Shop  you can't ride as the shop is closed.

Not sure when it will open for all.

• 2 months later...

Went for a ride there today, LOTS of switchbacks but it was pretty fun it keeps you on your toes at speed. Only recently got back into riding so testing the waters everywhere.d501aa17bb7bcb651d00c44ef0240286.jpg

• 2 months later...

Anyone been to BCC lately ?

what it like for an unfit novice and what are the prices ?

Cant find much info on the website.

Anyone been to BCC lately ?

what it like for an unfit novice and what are the prices ?

Cant find much info on the website.

Procycles at on the BCC site (next to the Gym) in the old clubhouse building, they should be able to help.

BTW - I see families and riders on the trail every day.

It's Hella fun, I enjoy the switchbacks. As for being unfit you will defos have no issues riding it they have different sections. Cost is R45pp

It's probably the most beginner-friendly trail in the GP area. Flat as a pancake, and the 10km/12km route (as far as I can tell) is very mellow with minimal features. Great for riding with kids too. 

Granted, I haven't been there in a year, but I see lots of people riding there.

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone, raising the dead it seems here but is BCC Trails still there and ridable? Anyone been there recently? Still being maintained/trails grass cut?

Was hoping to take some newbies for a trail ride. 

1 hour ago, s14phoenix said:

Hi everyone, raising the dead it seems here but is BCC Trails still there and ridable? Anyone been there recently? Still being maintained/trails grass cut?

Was hoping to take some newbies for a trail ride. 

The trails are still there but they're in the worst condition I've seen - loads of leaves/twigs etc on the trail making for some quite random/fun grip - quite a few fallen trees not cleared yet.

That said the usual condition is fantastic so even in "poor" condition it is fun to ride and super convenient for riders in the area.

Tons of animals to see which makes for a cool ride - we saw njala, bontebok (or something similar), springbok and a duiker last week.