Did any body receive this email??????

Guest Big H

Not that I am complaining but how did they get my email address. Also who is the Department of Public Transport, Roads and Works..... sounds like a Provincial Government Department definitely not Central Government.

Copy of email sent........

What is Car Free Day ?

Car Free Day is one of the highlight activities of the Public Transport Month campaign. This year. the campaign takes place on 20 October. On this day, all citizens are requested to make use of public transport and non-motorised forms of transport travel to their destinations.

Who can participate and how?

All private car users can participate. The only criterion required is your positive attitude and willingness to make a difference and contribute in a small way, to create a better Gauteng and South Africa.

No one is forced to participate, it is a voluntary activity. Please show your support to this cause by persuing public transport on this day or at least by riding with friends or relatives in a lift club. One can also phone and obtain a sticker free of charge, as a sign of support.

The benefits of public transport compared to private transport The following comprise a list of the benefits of public transport compared to private transport:

• Increased productivity and economic growth.
  • Manageable rate of emissions of poisonous gasses in urban environments.
  • It is more affordable bearing in mind the cost of petrol.
  • There will be less traffic congestion if there are fewer cars on the road.
  • Fewer cars mean fewer accidents on our roads.
  • The government can save the money it would have used to build and maintain roads and spend it to improve the lives of the poor by providing more housing, water, and social grants.

On 20th October 2006 you stand a chance to win yourself one of the following prizes:

Susuki AN 125 motorbike with a Bali helmet (5)
PSP Playstation Portable base pack (5)

To enter - take an mms picture of yourself with two or more occupants in or on one of the following modes of transport and send it to carfreeday@integrat.co.za

Any form of public transport such as a bus, taxi or train;
Lift clubs, ridesharing and private car
Non - motorised form of transport such as a motorcycle or bicycle. (You can be alone in the picture)

Oh, badge below at the advertisement for the competition shows the Gauteng e eleng badge. So this is Gautrans.....Yippeeee

Big H

Hulle se ons moet werk toe ry op ons fiets maar waarborg nie dat jy veilig anderkant sal aankom nie. Cheers

Big%20smile

No but I was gonna use the bike this morning for the support of this campaign..maybe an excuse to ride anyway.

But our Head of Security wants me to put the bike in the basement & I have a big office...imagine that...forget it I have a car..Thumbs%20Up

"DTThumbs%20Up"

What is the use of this email, I got it today... In Moz....... when did you guys get it. Trike I can read!!!!!!! and understand the email!!!!!!!

Sorry Driewiel..... jy weet mos dit is moeilik om 'n Big H te wees!!!!!! 'n Stil bek is 'n heel bek!!!!!!!

Sorry but can't help laughing at the reasoning here.  Make no mistake, I am all for this campaign and would like to see more people cycling to work. But taking the current situation in account these points made me laugh:

"Increased productivity and economic growth. " - Jip productivity would be at its best if I have to wait an hour and a half for a bus.

'Manageable rate of emissions of poisonous gasses in urban environments. " - Wonder when they will start having a look at the emissions of the busses currently on our roads.

"Fewer cars mean fewer accidents on our roads. " - Instead of one guy getting killed in his car, 10 will die because the the idiot driving the taxi decided to pass traffic with oncomming traffic on its way.

"The government can save the money it would have used to build and maintain roads and spend it to improve the lives of the poor by providing more housing, water, and social grants. " - Or the other big spender is the renaming of towns and airports that normally gets a higher priority than the other things mentioned here.

How many keen hubbers aren't there that would gladly cycle to work had it not been for our ignorant motorists.  When will they be launching campaigns to educated all motorists and start doing propper traffic control.

Big H

Hulle se ons moet werk toe ry op ons fiets maar waarborg nie dat jy veilig anderkant sal aankom nie. Cheers

As opposed to the guarantee that you get with other modes of transport?