Cannondale SuperSix HillClimb <5kgs

UK-Saffa

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only other way you will manage to get it lighter is if you replace the red etap with red 22 mechanical.

*Edit: Weight weenie dream!  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

Weight of cables?

Weight of cables?

Mechanical, even with the additional cables does work out lighter than eTAP. It would be worth using decent cables and probably something like I have on my brakes, alligator ilinks, which are lighter than standard cable housing

Wait, if its a hill climb bike why not just remove the front eTap battery? surely thats more weight saving than 30% of the upgrades? Also if climbing hills, probably dont need a full cassette, throw some carbon spacers on their and drop the weight 35g.

Wait, if its a hill climb bike why not just remove the front eTap battery? surely thats more weight saving than 30% of the upgrades? Also if climbing hills, probably dont need a full cassette, throw some carbon spacers on their and drop the weight 35g.

I'm pretty sure he is going to be riding his bike to the hills and would like to maintain a steady pace at that, to get there... Removing the eTap battery from the FD will having him spinning quite slowly to any nearby hill.... It is a functional roadie...  ;)

I'm pretty sure he is going to be riding his bike to the hills and would like to maintain a steady pace at that, to get there... Removing the eTap battery from the FD will having him spinning quite slowly to any nearby hill.... It is a functional roadie...  ;)

You can use the rear battery to change into the big ring and then put it back. how often do you need to shift the front blade really?

So as stated, this is a functional road bike as well as my hill climb machine. With the brilliant UK weather, this only every gets ridden June/July, rest of the year Im riding my caad12, so thats why its stayed as a regular looking functional bike

Have you trimmed the seat post itself?

Yes, there is the minimum 10cm in the frame with no room for moving the seatpost up

Exactly, function first

This is a great build, but can I recommend removing the front brakes?

HC rules dictate bikes must have both brakes

Remove the bottle cage bolts which are in the frame but not in use, it may not be a lot, but every gram counts :thumbup:

So the bolts on the down tube are for my fabric tool keg, for when out training, they are hoolow Ti bolts, they weight 1.1grams each. But yes, EVERY gram counts.

So as stated, this is a functional road bike as well as my hill climb machine. With the brilliant UK weather, this only every gets ridden June/July, rest of the year Im riding my caad12, so thats why its stayed as a regular looking functional bike

Yes, there is the minimum 10cm in the frame with no room for moving the seatpost up

Exactly, function first

HC rules dictate bikes must have both brakes

So the bolts on the down tube are for my fabric tool keg, for when out training, they are hoolow Ti bolts, they weight 1.1grams each. But yes, EVERY gram counts.

Kudos

Remove the bottle cage bolts which are in the frame but not in use, it may not be a lot, but every gram counts :thumbup:

What about one of these. Fabric cageless bottle systemFabric-Cageless-Bottle-750ml-GC2-1500x15

Edited by partydave