Cannondale SuperSix HillClimb <5kgs

UK-Saffa

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Waynemol has very kindly sold me his AX Lightness saddle.

post-104156-0-97638500-1541506528_thumb.jpg

With the additional 21g saving this offers the bike would officially be at 4.999kgs without garmin mount. When that is added it is back to 5.022kgs.

I am still waiting for the new fork to come back to me, which should offer up around 50g saving, leaving me at around 4.972kgs.

I am also hopeful my replacement bar/stem combo arrives lighter than the previous one and closer to the claimed 265g. Current one is 296g. If I get a bar at 265g, I'll be down to 4.941kgs.

I will then look at FSA SL headset bearings for a saving around 20g VS current bearings and any other small bits to push to 4.8XXkgs and then, finally, be finished and satisfied.

attachicon.gifa268d998-4f73-4427-8761-e56104d30a6f.JPG

With the additional 21g saving this offers the bike would officially be at 4.999kgs without garmin mount. When that is added it is back to 5.022kgs.

I am still waiting for the new fork to come back to me, which should offer up around 50g saving, leaving me at around 4.972kgs.

I am also hopeful my replacement bar/stem combo arrives lighter than the previous one and closer to the claimed 265g. Current one is 296g. If I get a bar at 265g, I'll be down to 4.941kgs.

I will then look at FSA SL headset bearings for a saving around 20g VS current bearings and any other small bits to push to 4.8XXkgs and then, finally, be finished and satisfied.

Now that's a lie if i ever heard it

Now that's a lie if i ever heard it

Haha, I do hate to lie, but I'll definitely be finished, cannot afford any more weight savings, as we start talking £100's for minuscule savings like 1 or 2 grams

I did miss off that I have ordered some Corima brake pads, which are something like 15g for all 4

attachicon.gifa268d998-4f73-4427-8761-e56104d30a6f.JPG

Make sure you weight this bike when it is clean, any dust will make it +5kg.......

Should consider going 1x, unless HC requires a front derailleur?

Etap FD alone weighs 187g, and you'll lose a chainring.

Simply get a NW chainring - but that may need a new crank - you may be able to get one custom made to fin the cannondale crank by these guys :

http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/fl_cycles_carbon_chainring_2011.html

Could go 46T NW chaining with an 11-28 cassette (or if you need a bigger cassette 11-32 with the eTap Wi-Fli RD).  My Sram Red 11-32 cassette weighs 199g.

Probably >100g net saving to be had going 1x.

Once converted you can cut off the FD mount too haha!

from here on out the grams start becoming ridiculously expensive and you realise you are finally losing it when you start weighing bottle cage screws and in my case start wondering just where to start drilling holes in expensive kit.  All this whilst drinking a 500g beer

Make sure you weight this bike when it is clean, any dust will make it +5kg.......

It stays immaculate, to the best of my ability

Should consider going 1x, unless HC requires a front derailleur?

Etap FD alone weighs 187g, and you'll lose a chainring.

Simply get a NW chainring - but that may need a new crank - you may be able to get one custom made to fin the cannondale crank by these guys :

http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/fl_cycles_carbon_chainring_2011.html

Could go 46T NW chaining with an 11-28 cassette (or if you need a bigger cassette 11-32 with the eTap Wi-Fli RD).  My Sram Red 11-32 cassette weighs 199g.

Probably >100g net saving to be had going 1x.

Once converted you can cut off the FD mount too haha!

So, obviously thats a big weight saving option, but one I'm not prepared to do. 1x Drives do nothing for me at all. On an MTB, fine, but a big No-No for me on the road, just ask Aqua Blue

You need a lighter cassette, mine weighs 115g, 11-28 :whistling:

from here on out the grams start becoming ridiculously expensive and you realise you are finally losing it when you start weighing bottle cage screws and in my case start wondering just where to start drilling holes in expensive kit.  All this whilst drinking a 500g beer

It gets ridiculous. Like this crank I'm eagerly watching on eBay. £530 with 5 days left. :eek:

post-104156-0-28401000-1541513319_thumb.png

This thread has been interesting, and it blows my mind to see how little bikes can actually weigh. Youve probably seen this article, but i cant imagine a bike this light. Sub 5 is already insane, but 2.7?? Would love to ride it or even iust pick it up. https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/amp.redbull.com/in-en/check-out-the-worlds-lightest-custom-road-bike

If you are in Cape Town, you are welcome to pick mine up in December and have a car park spin. Hopefully be around 4.8kgs by then. Sorry I cannot provide 2.7kgs though. :wacko:

It gets ridiculous. Like this crank I'm eagerly watching on eBay. £530 with 5 days left. [/size] :eek:

I happen to know these are insanely expensive and how do I know this?

I honestly think my wife would be up on murder charges if I dropped that kind of cash on a crank. I also don’t think I’d be able to do them lighter than my current setup of the Cannondale Si crankset, 488g all in, while the THM’s are 385g with no rings or chainring bolts

So, obviously thats a big weight saving option, but one I'm not prepared to do. 1x Drives do nothing for me at all. On an MTB, fine, but a big No-No for me on the road, just ask Aqua Blue

You need a lighter cassette, mine weighs 115g, 11-28 :whistling:

Different strokes...

I love 1x, but admittedly mainly use it for TT (triathlon).  So much simpler.  That said, I switch between 2x and 1x setups depending on the riding I'm doing and courses.  Some courses (hilly) require 2x, others (flatter) I will use 1x.

The beauty of Etap is that its like a 10min job to remove the FD and swop chainrings...

Use the FD for everyday riding, take it off for the HC where you will probably be in the small chainring the whole time anyway... wont even need to change cassette.