Hello everyone,

I want to do a long distance bicycle tour around South Africa and possibly into Africa, i am in the process at looking at different bicycles including the Surly Disc trucker, Salsa Marrakesh, Kona Sutra, Trek 920 and Soma Saga.

There is a lot of information about these bicycles online but it is difficult to find any of them in South Africa. Can anyone point me in the direction of the agents or can anyone recommend a different brand that can be locally sourced and that will manage my requirements of loaded touring.

TIA

Edited by ReeceTheLurker

https://www.cycletouring.co.za/

These guys can probably help you out....

Thanks for your reply, i have had a look at their website and that is where i plan on getting all of my acsessories, but I’m trying to find any information pertaining those bicycles.

I know that Trek South Africa lists the 920 on their website but it would be nicer to have more than one option to chose from.

Look for touring threads on here, there is a lot of info and will make interesting reading and you will find who the experts are...

Edited by eddy