worriesnot

So... doing my first B&B this year... In for the Great Trek.

Done a few Sani's before and decided to go for something else. Really looking forward to it and a little worried following the weekend's riding and coming to the realisation of how under-prepared I am. My partner is in relatively good shape so I'll be hanging on his wheel for most of the ride.

Any top tips / hints and advice for a B&B virgin?

Any particularly good sections (read: downhills)?

also doing my first B&B this year - the descent. How do you keep your electronics charged during the three days? Suunto and cellphone mainly. Are there power outlets or do you need a powerbank?

also doing my first B&B this year - the descent. How do you keep your electronics charged during the three days? Suunto and cellphone mainly. Are there power outlets or do you need a powerbank?

I don't see anything about charging points or stations so definitely pack a powerbank.

At Sani there are charging stations but if you have a good quality high mAh powerbank, you will be fine - for cellphone and gps that is... 

There were power points in the rider area (where the beanbags and umbrellas were next to the river), but I would definitely pack a power bank if I were you.

Enjoy! It's an amazing experience!

Make sure you have a good headlamp. The race village is far from your tent. So you typically ride you bike there and back. After dinner it’s very dark. You mostly next to the river to take bug spray. Absolutely have a power bank for your electronics.

One thing often forgotten is that most people drive to this race finish. So, you dont have to pack box style. Leave some stuff in your car which is easily accessible and keep the crap in your tent to a minimum.

Awesome race. Superb single track. Far less distance and climbing than Sani. Have fun.

Make sure you have a good headlamp. The race village is far from your tent. So you typically ride you bike there and back. After dinner it’s very dark. You mostly next to the river to take bug spray. Absolutely have a power bank for your electronics.

One thing often forgotten is that most people drive to this race finish. So, you dont have to pack box style. Leave some stuff in your car which is easily accessible and keep the crap in your tent to a minimum.

Awesome race. Superb single track. Far less distance and climbing than Sani. Have fun.

Yoh... did not think of that and I am a mosquito magnet!

Top tip  :thumbup:

I don't see anything about charging points or stations so definitely pack a powerbank.

At Sani there are charging stations but if you have a good quality high mAh powerbank, you will be fine - for cellphone and gps that is... 

They have Samsung solar power stations all over the place... plus the usual pigeon box station at the eating area. There is no shortage of place to charge your devices.

How does one go about entering for Berg & Bush? Is it as straight forward as entering online? Do they only accept a certain amount of riders, etc? the cost to enter?

My sister and brother in law did a Berg & Bush a few years ago and said it was awesome.

How does one go about entering for Berg & Bush? Is it as straight forward as entering online? Do they only accept a certain amount of riders, etc? the cost to enter?

My sister and brother in law did a Berg & Bush a few years ago and said it was awesome.

www.bergandbush.co.za