2019 Route Details

Carcarias1974

Hi All, 

Does anyone know where to find the route details for the Epic? 

I want to start planning around nutrition etc, but need to know where the water points etc are for the various stages.

Route detail is only released at registration..

In the meantime divide the route distance by 4 and 5. This will give you three (3) and four (4) water points on the course and work out the distance apart for that scenario.

Start working out your average speed and your rate of ascent/hour over a month of training and then measure how much water you are consuming per hour.

You can now see how much water you need per hour and therefore see how much you need to make it to each water point.

Thanks Bullet77, but the details are not included there. I want the water points etc detailed. 

You can get downloadable kml links if you are paid for the premium category package.

Not cheap but totally worth it in my mind.

Also includes monthly coaching input from UCI accredited Swen Lauer.

Route detail is only released at registration..

In the meantime divide the route distance by 4 and 5. This will give you three (3) and four (4) water points on the course and work out the distance apart for that scenario.

Start working out your average speed and your rate of ascent/hour over a month of training and then measure how much water you are consuming per hour.

You can now see how much water you need per hour and therefore see how much you need to make it to each water point.

And then you throw out all your calculations based on the weather forecast for the day

Is this to decide to take a 3rd bottle or not??? 

I am still missing something here...

needed something to start a thread so that we know his doing the Epic  :ph34r:

but as said above, work on about every 30kms or so. The exact locations will be given at registration and on the preview at supper every evening. 

but as said above, work on about every 30kms or so. The exact locations will be given at registration and on the preview at supper every evening. 

Guys, dont worry, this event is sanctioned by the CSA, zero worries about water points.

Is this to decide to take a 3rd bottle or not??? 

I am still missing something here...

Nope, it’s to plan 2 bottles or Camelbak (which I hate)

Cute, but no. I don’t know you and don’t care what you think of me, I just want the info.

Hi All, 

Does anyone know where to find the route details for the Epic? 

I want to start planning around nutrition etc, but need to know where the water points etc are for the various stages.

You don't need to know where the water points are. At least not the km's where they are. Because sometimes there will be only 20km between WPs, sometimes 40. But that does not matter so much as all km's are not equal. If you ride an 8hr stage time and have 3 WP's they will be more or less at 2, 4 & 6 hrs riding. And so you'll have to adjust your nutrition around time in the saddle instead of km's. If you're not racing or don't need to finish within the first 200 teams, carry a camelback/osprey so you'll always have enough to drink and take some bars/gels with you and you will not bonk. Just don't forget to eat and drink.