Kona Ironman 2018 Predictions

Wheelsuck

Sarah True & Gomez's bikes had the water tank taped, Lucy Charles had the lid flapping in the wind, Tim Don had a bottle wedged between his saddle and the lid and looks like Currie had a rubber band on the downtube to hold the Bentobox in the frame?

https://www.tririg.com/galleries.php?id=2018_10_Ironman_Hawaii_Race_Day&num=18

2018_10_Ironman_Hawaii_Race_Day_272.jpg

2018_10_Ironman_Hawaii_Race_Day_39.jpg

2018_10_Ironman_Hawaii_Race_Day_58.jpg

2018_10_Ironman_Hawaii_Race_Day_160.jpg

Wow... some real craftsmanship there... which begs the question; How the f didnt anyone pick this up in testing??

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kienle: "Lionel came from behind, at this moment I was gutted and ready to drop out, Lionel kept me in the race and said it's not over yet, and he did all the work on the front, I was mentally devastated, he basically just pulled me to the main group.." 

Kienle: "Lionel came from behind, at this moment I was gutted and ready to drop out, Lionel kept me in the race and said it's not over yet, and he did all the work on the front, I was mentally devastated, he basically just pulled me to the main group.." 

So Lionel was strong on the bike, so did he lose it all on the run? 

Trying to find out WTF happened to him 

So Lionel was strong on the bike, so did he lose it all on the run? 

Trying to find out WTF happened to him 

He overbiked-look at his numbers that ScottC-M posted and the comments by Shaper. He then did the second slowest run i think of the pro's.

Edited by Wheelsuck

He overbiked-look at his numbers that ScottC-M posted and the comments by Shaper. He then did the second slowest run i think of the pro's.

And overtrained!! 

I see the Astana boss did the 12th fastest bike split overall (4 hours 18 minutes). 

Wonder how Lance would have done  :ph34r:

I see the Astana boss did the 12th fastest bike split overall (4 hours 18 minutes). 

Wonder how Lance would have done  :ph34r:

IMO cheaters should not be allowed to compete.

Edited by _David_

What is the the testing policy at IM events? just out of interest.

Do they test all events? just champs?

Not sure how I feel about these MORF bars on Antony Costes bike.

http://www.morf-tech.com

2018_10_Ironman_Hawaii_Race_Day_274.jpg

That positioning looks uncomfortable. I can't imagine hanging onto the bars like that for 90km, never mind 180km. They must have tested this set up in a wind tunnel and found it is slightly faster. Looks very odd.  

The bar concept looks very cool. I would be a little concerned about safety and reliability of moving parts on the front end of my bike. 

Edited by EmJayZA