Need help building a xc/marathon bike.

Couple perimeters:

•X-Large

•Carbon

•29er

•Dual Suspension

•Sram

•Black + White preferably

Need options of frames, suspension or bikes (including where to buy these parts)?

Budget +-40-45k?

• 6 months later...

Need help building a xc/marathon bike.

Couple perimeters:

•X-Large

•Carbon

•29er

•Dual Suspension

•Sram

•Black + White preferably

Need options of frames, suspension or bikes (including where to buy these parts)?

Budget +-40-45k?

I have one of these, but you need someone that can bring it back from Europe.  Bit old, non boost frame, but very nice ride.

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/cube-ams-100-super-hpc-sl-29-frame-teamline-629551

• 2 weeks later...

BaGearA the post is on the minimum in that picture, but since then i put in a dropper that is also on the minimum insert. I am 1.91m tall and its a XL frame. But by Specialized’s minimum insert is 9-10cm mine at 9cm

BaGearA the post is on the minimum in that picture, but since then i put in a dropper that is also on the minimum insert. I am 1.91m tall and its a XL frame. But by Specialized’s minimum insert is 9-10cm mine at 9cm

A mate of mine is equally as tall, also on an XL and he got an even longer seatpost (Think it was a Gusset) from CRC for his bike.

That is a lot of leverage you are putting on the frame.

I urge you to try and get A seat post or dropper that gives you more insertion, that seat tube is taking tons of strain at that length and weight (I assume if you're that tall you're probably close to 90kg)

+1 on the dropper. I'm 197cm and use my lyne xl 170mm dropper on the nr 2 insert line for roughly 860mm bb to saddle height...so plenty of post left inside the frame even with close to 300mm post showing.

edit....the dropper also helps getting on the thing lol

Edited by morneS555