Intervals.icu interval detection and training tool

I started writing https://intervals.icu about 3 months ago when I couldn't find a tool to detect intervals in my power data. And I needed a new pet project to play with. I am looking for early adopters and feedback especially if it doesn't do a good job with your power data. Its functional (on my data!) and does some cool stuff already. It syncs with Strava so you need to be a paid member.

From the about intervals.icu page:

Everyone knows that the best way to improve as a cyclist is to do power based interval training. However its not always easy to motivate yourself to ride halfway up and down the same hill 8 times in a row. Intervals.icu automatically detects intervals so you can ride your favourite route, punish the rollers and still get good stats to track your progress. Forgot to hit the lap button? No problem!

Features
  • Automatic interval detection in rides with real power data (not estimated by Strava)
  • Comprehensive stats for each interval (power, heartrate, w/kg, torque, cadence, power zone etc.)
  • Automatic grouping of similar intervals with average stats for the group
  • Ride timelime chart showing power, cadence, heartrate, torque etc. that highlights intervals with zoom
  • Comparison chart comparing intervals to similar intervals in previous rides
  • Calendar style training log with interval summaries and weekly stats (time in power zones etc.)
  • Download ride data in CSV format

Heartrate based interval detection is under development.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Golden Cheetah, it's free

Log your rides, it will highlight intervals as well as climbs.  You can also compare the same intervals on different rides

I finally had a chance to watch that video. Intervals.icu has a much simpler way of presenting the intervals it finds. It shows them how you might see them written on a training program with intelligent grouping. Here is a day from my training log:

post-5083-0-67824600-1538830101.png

The timeline chart highlights the intervals and shows the in between stuff as recovery. All without any user-input and pulled from Stava as soon as you visit intervals.icu. You also get power zone stats for the week. I am only really just getting started with this, my goal is to try to keep is simple and automatic as I add new stuff.

post-5083-0-40956600-1538830134_thumb.png

My strava got hacked after installing this extension. changed my profile and stuff to some sexual content etc. Couldnt even fix it on my phone because you can only change login details and profile settings on PC. Im a bit over strava now. Agree with Furbz, GC for the win

My strava got hacked after installing this extension. changed my profile and stuff to some sexual content etc. Couldnt even fix it on my phone because you can only change login details and profile settings on PC. Im a bit over strava now. Agree with Furbz, GC for the win

Are you talking about intervals.icu?! If so please PM me your strava athlete_id and email.

The Strava API only supports updating an athletes weight, nothing else. Authorising an application like intervals.icu just allows the app to download your rides and so on. The app cannot "login" to Strava as you or anything like that. So its unlikely.

I have been using your extension for a few days. It look brilliant, and will test it and give feedback. I am interested in seeing what my torque values will be when I do strength work.

Are you talking about intervals.icu?! If so please PM me your strava athlete_id and email.

The Strava API only supports updating an athletes weight, nothing else. Authorising an application like intervals.icu just allows the app to download your rides and so on. The app cannot "login" to Strava as you or anything like that. So its unlikely.

I'd expect it's more likely a result of the recent Facebook hack. Even if the user had not linked their Facebook to Strava, if the Facebook and Strava email was the same and their Facebook was one of the accounts affected it's theoretically possible that attackers could gain full access to their Strava with just a Facebook access token.

@avatar - knowing the Strava API and looking at David's app permissions it is highly unlikely that intervals.icu could have resulted in this. The app doesn't gain any write permissions for your profile or activities.

This intervals.icu is amazing...much simpler to navigate as compared to golden cheetah, especially for us clever guys. I am very happy with what I can see now but I will do specific intervals during the week to test it even more.

I finally had a chance to watch that video. Intervals.icu has a much simpler way of presenting the intervals it finds. It shows them how you might see them written on a training program with intelligent grouping. Here is a day from my training log:

attachicon.gifride_tile.png

The timeline chart highlights the intervals and shows the in between stuff as recovery. All without any user-input and pulled from Stava as soon as you visit intervals.icu. You also get power zone stats for the week. I am only really just getting started with this, my goal is to try to keep is simple and automatic as I add new stuff.

attachicon.giftimeline_chart.png

Please post a link to video....I assume it is a video to explain this data to you?

What David has done is honestly amazing, its also in the beginning stages from what I understand so to add and neaten it up is easy going forward. We had been talking to a well known training software company to add some of these features and they simply couldnt or weren't keen to. 

Well done David this is impressive.

I have added segment names to the bottom of the ride timeline chart as the marker is moved. It tries to find the segment(s) that best fit each interval. The goal is to indicate where each work/recovery interval took place, not to display all the possible segments for that point on the chart (a 2h ride from Strava around Cape Town might have 250 segments!).

This doesn't work too well for rides without intervals (no power data or recovery rides), i am working on that problem.

Tx to everyone giving intervals.icu a try.