Intervals.icu interval detection and training tool

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi David, can you also add and calculate intensity factor for running and swimming https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/204071944-Training-Stress-Scores-TSS-Explained

At the moment it either show 0% or nothing.

Also if at all possible, you show the weekly total load in the left column with time in zones on activity page.  Could you also include Average Intensity for that week?  It is a good metric for having a quick overview of TSS load against Intensity.

Edited by shaper

David do you know what the correlation is between EPOC values and TSS. Seems Garmin uses the EPOC scores for their training load. Is there any relationship between the 2? Sometimes Garmin gives me a training load half of my TSS and other times it is almost double my TSS, My guess is EPOC purely takes HR into account

David do you know what the correlation is between EPOC values and TSS. Seems Garmin uses the EPOC scores for their training load. Is there any relationship between the 2? Sometimes Garmin gives me a training load half of my TSS and other times it is almost double my TSS, My guess is EPOC purely takes HR into account

Thats an interesting question. I only found out about EPOC recently in the context of alternatives to TSS that more accurately represent training load. Its quite possible that it doesn't correlate at all.

I can't see EPOC anywhere on Garmin Connect for my rides? Where do you get to see it?

Thats an interesting question. I only found out about EPOC recently in the context of alternatives to TSS that more accurately represent training load. Its quite possible that it doesn't correlate at all.

I can't see EPOC anywhere on Garmin Connect for my rides? Where do you get to see it?

I don't think they display the actual value but they use the estimate to populate the "Training Effect" values (i.e. the 0-5 values for aerobic and anaerobic training effect). I'm not sure if there is a detailed article on how they map EPOC to those two metrics though.

Intervals.icu now has forums! https://forum.intervals.icu/

"This is a place to discuss all things related to Intervals.icu. Have an idea for a new feature? Something not working as you would expect? Post it here!"

I still need to hook them into the app properly but single sign-on should be working.

I will still post notices of new features and so on here and on Twitter etc.. Nothing quite like bikehub! But quite a few people have commented on "not being able to find any forums" so I thought I should cure that.

Intervals.icu now supports capturing indoor FTP for indoor trainer and virtual rides. If no indoor FTP is set then the normal FTP setting is used. Also I have added donate buttons for Paypal and Patreon for running costs. Supporter feature requests move up the todo list!

post-5083-0-84642400-1576092734_thumb.png

Hi David

Could you plot left / right power as a field on the activities page? I have a dual sided meter and cannot see this info on strava etc. 

Would be cool if possible, thanks.

Could you plot left / right power as a field on the activities page? I have a dual sided meter and cannot see this info on strava etc. 

Would be cool if possible, thanks.

Unfortunately Strava doesn't return that information through their API. I have started the process to integrate with Garmin Connect but do that is some way off as it will be quite a lot of work.

The decoupling charts now have warmup and cool down. The default warmup is 20 minutes and cool down 10 minutes. You can use the slider to adjust these numbers. The power / HR ratio chart is now the primary one for decoupling.

post-5083-0-68555000-1576403154_thumb.png

Edited by davidtinker

Unfortunately Strava doesn't return that information through their API. I have started the process to integrate with Garmin Connect but do that is some way off as it will be quite a lot of work.

Thanks David, I know Garmin connect does show left/right power, just that I am on Wahoo so I cant see it anywhere.