Intervals.icu interval detection and training tool

Discovered Intervals.icu today and liked it to Strava

I've been following my fitness progress on the "Elevate" Strava tool for some time now.

And the result of the 2 applications seems to be exactly the same???

A new 29er and now intervals.icu... as Patch said to me when I started my obsession with Versus sock: “an old dog can learn new tricks”.

Intervals.icu is more than just the fitness tracker like on Strava - depends how much data you want to analyze.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I now sync my activities through Garmin Connect and when I click the "USE LAPS" link on my activites I get all my averages perfectly ! Amazing !

I also noticed that there is an editing function for automaticaly detected intervals, there's a start time & duration (not editable) and a start index - end index that are editable.

I'm assuming that if we want our interval to last 4 mins we add 240 to our start index value to have our new end index value... I'll test it one day if I get my laps wrong on the Garmin

What an amazing tool

Hi david,

I'm trying to input HRV and other health data, but when I hit OK is give me a JSON Parse Error.

As of this mornings update the HRV fields allow decimals.

What an amazing tool

Tx. You can also drag the edges of intervals directly on the graph and press 'A' to add a new interval at the marker position.

As of this mornings update the HRV fields allow decimals.

awesome thanks David.

I also realised this morning that I was using the recover score to input into rmssd

A new 29er and now intervals.icu... as Patch said to me when I started my obsession with Versus sock: “an old dog can learn new tricks”.

Intervals.icu is more than just the fitness tracker like on Strava - depends how much data you want to analyze.

I've getting to grips with all the functionality - MUCH better than the Elevate App.  Pretty impressed.

At one point in time I probably needs to invest in a PM...

Edited by Underachiever

The part I hate about tracking fitness !!

Ran into issues with my iron levels dropping really low, and as a result had to skip any serious training since the start of this year. Now just watching the numbers go down :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

attachicon.gifINTICU.jpg

How do you know your iron levels are down? Are there tell tale signs?

How do you know your iron levels are down? Are there tell tale signs?

Fatigue, headaches, dizziness, high heart rate and higher resting heart rate, and then almost blacked out during a ride 2 weeks ago.

Woke up on the 2nd of Jan, extremely drained out. At first I just thought it was from all the late nights and early mornings, chasing Rapha500 etc. Waited it out a week but did not really improve.

Now we think everything is Covid so after 10 days I had a test done which was negative, then off to the doc for bloods.

Iron was really low and had to get an Iron IV done earlier this week and now on supps for the next 2 months and will test again.

Starting to feel better and just sticking to the IDT for now, doing Z1/Z2 rides just to keep the legs turning.

Fatigue, headaches, dizziness, high heart rate and higher resting heart rate, and then almost blacked out during a ride 2 weeks ago.

Woke up on the 2nd of Jan, extremely drained out. At first I just thought it was from all the late nights and early mornings, chasing Rapha500 etc. Waited it out a week but did not really improve.

Now we think everything is Covid so after 10 days I had a test done which was negative, then off to the doc for bloods.

Iron was really low and had to get an Iron IV done earlier this week and now on supps for the next 2 months and will test again.

Starting to feel better and just sticking to the IDT for now, doing Z1/Z2 rides just to keep the legs turning.

I had a similar issue last year. Just a slow decline since mid last year.

Finally went for blood tests end Nov, and found out my iron stores are very low.

The Dr decided to prescribe a specific iron pill for a few months, if follow-up blood tests don't show improvement then also IV iron.

Even better !

Coming back to the L/R balance subject. Everytime I'm not peddaling it says 100 Right, and this brings my average to R 70% / Left 30%

https://intervals.icu/activities/i227614

I don't see that on that activity? The avg for the whole ride is 50/50. If you zoom in on a part where you aren't pedalling you can see breaks in the LR balance line. Those are the bits with missing data because you weren't pedalling presumably.

Donate blood and they test your hemoglobin levels. While it isn’t actually testing iron levels, there is about half of your iron levels in your hemoglobin.

While donating blood takes a lot out 2 weeks after donating, I get to see my “iron levels” checked every 8-10 weeks. I struggled in the late 90’s and often received iron tabs from the nurse on duty. For the last 10 years I’ve been okay (where’s some wood to touch).

I've getting to grips with all the functionality - MUCH better than the Elevate App. Pretty impressed.

If you’re serious about your training/racing, (and recovery) then it’s worth it.

I've getting to grips with all the functionality - MUCH better than the Elevate App.  Pretty impressed.

Come on, you know you want one  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

If you’re serious about your training/racing, (and recovery) then it’s worth it.

True, true

But...

Truth be told, if I was that serious I would change my diet 1st, drop 6kg, then do at least 2 x HIIT sessions a week, and then the PM...

But it would be nice to see the data :-)

Edited by Underachiever

True, true

But...

Truth be told, if I was that serious I would change my diet 1st, drop 6kg, then do at least 2 x HIIT sessions a week, and then the PM...

But it would be nice to see the data :-)

Ain't nobody got time for that. Buy a lighter bike  :drool:  :whistling:  :devil: