the ALL RIDE youtube show

Shebeen

This is really good.

local 

lekker

Been going a year now, did a search on le hub and has not been mentioned once.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcrmA4Gbb3e9cg9YXchP0HQ

Not exactly sure how the business model works, as the videos only seem to get 400-1000 views.

Why is this not more popular? does anyone here actually watch this sort of thing?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really good.

local

lekker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3owz1hZMXmg

Been going a year now, did a search on le hub and has not been mentioned once.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcrmA4Gbb3e9cg9YXchP0HQ

Not exactly sure how the business model works, as the videos only seem to get 400-1000 views.

Why is this not more popular? does anyone here actually watch this sort of thing?

Maybe they are reliant on guys sharing the videos like you've done here and as I have by sending my mountain bike friends this link for them to watch. Gotta agree with you it really is a lekker show.

The way I understand it is if you click on the link and a popup advert starts. The guys who made the vid get $ if you watch to the end of the popup ad.

I THINK the number of thumb up likes and subscriptions enhances the chances of the vid being suggested in peoples youtube feeds and therefore more advertising exposure.

My nephew spends hours watching minecraft cr@p on youtube and those vids get millions of hits.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

The way I understand it is if you click on the link and a popup advert starts. The guys who made the vid get $ if you watch to the end of the popup ad.

I THINK the number of thumb up likes and subscriptions enhances the chances of the vid being suggested in peoples youtube feeds and therefore more advertising exposure.

My nephew spends hours watching minecraft cr@p on youtube and those vids get millions of hits.

yes, that's sort of my point - but they won't be getting much from the limited view count on their videos so far. So I hope they have some funding coming in somehow as it would be a pity if this didn't work as they seem to be doing everything right.

It's not like they don't have social media influence - maybe way more views on FB page

nope, just checked not many there either

https://www.facebook.com/WildAirMediaHouse/?eid=ARAZMKLPwkT49FD7qNENzjxWd4yBf_rl5a_0nLghBQbxEuhpTA0OXCnb0mUSxMTClTfnl4wMplmB7o7j

here's another example of an excellent production that never seem to get much traction

https://iono.fm/channel/2284

Gerald de Kock's world of endurance podcast backed by old mutual, not even on the OM site anymore.

I think I might have found the source of the problem.

ha ha, ok not everyone's cup of tea. but he is a professional doing podcasting, rather than some enthusiast in his shed

I quite enjoy the All Ride show. Very well made and presented. I'm also surprised it doesn't get more views

ha ha, ok not everyone's cup of tea. but he is a professional doing podcasting, rather than some enthusiast in his shed

The successful youtubers all have a 'something' that sets them apart from the rest. The content can be the same, but it's the intangibles that make the difference.

That said, I'm not sure how DC Rainmaker actually makes it. His personality ain't that great, but I watch anyway... perhaps it's the production and the tech toys?

Perhaps it's the passion they have for that they do?

I have been watching this channel for a while now. I enjoy their antics and the focus on trails, as I get a well produced look at some spots I have yet to ride, so all in all not a bad thing.

I must admit though that I had a good chuckle at the video posted by OP, as on that bit where the guys decide to hop that rocky section leading into the berm, all I kept hearing was Patrick Roberts bemoaning the BBB (Back Brake Brigade) and Pinners destroying his carefully crafted berms, and how he is going to employ some recce-torture tactics on the guilty perps.

On another tangent, I am also an avid fan of GMBN on YT. I have learnt tons on that show. It would seem that All Ride are trying to use some of that recipe in the mix they offer. They have my vote.

Edited by Robbie Stewart

The successful youtubers all have a 'something' that sets them apart from the rest. The content can be the same, but it's the intangibles that make the difference.

That said, I'm not sure how DC Rainmaker actually makes it. His personality ain't that great, but I watch anyway... perhaps it's the production and the tech toys?

Perhaps it's the passion they have for that they do?

Ok DC Rainmaker added to the list. Thanks.

Youtube covers about 90% of my television viewing

Some of my Faves

Seth's Bike Hacks

Singletrack Sampler

GCN

GMBN

Ride Rate Review

Ok DC Rainmaker added to the list. Thanks.

Youtube covers about 90% of my television viewing

Some of my Faves

Seth's Bike Hacks

Singletrack Sampler

GCN

GMBN

Ride Rate Review

I like ride rate review...... Love his intro video

Think it also takes a while to get viewership numbers up, these things don't happen overnight. Guys with lot of subscribers/views have being doing it for a long time

Edited by Twaatie

Yeah I gave up on POV Youtubers when I saw a vid of three of them "collaborating" and all you heard was three guys riding together but each of them chatting to their camera / "fans".

I still watch Seth because he does post-production commentary on his vids and seldom POV's and his stuff is actually unique and entertaining, and some of Singletrack Sampler's stuff is cool (van build was interesting).  But just watching someone ride a trail from a POV gets tedious. Not much value being added there.

All Ride is a cool concept, but the presenter's accent and scripted speech put me off. Silly I know, but those things matter when you're demanding people's attention.  

• 2 weeks later...

Been running through this show, pretty damned good stuff, quite surprising they don't have more follower, there have to be more MTBers in SA that also have internet...