Kickr 2018 - high pitched whine/screech after 20min

lechatnoir

Also had a loud humm and vibration on my second kickr 4. The key on the shaft is too small for the keyway and there is a significant amount of play. This causes quite a bit of vibration if the pulley is not tightened enough. After rightening properly the humm and vibration disapeared.

Hope your’s is fixed now.

Edited by Gerhard765

See posts on Wahoo/Kickr/Snap/Elemnt Support Group on Facebook

Big thumbs up to Wahoo UK support, and Stephen in particular. Even though I didn't buy direct from them, my Kickr18 (which now sounds like a washing machine full of change) is going to be replaced. Not only a return and we'll send you a new one, but a proper advance replacement.

This is what I was actually offered. Full marks to them;

"1. Self-repair: you may service your current KICKR yourself following provided instructions (see attached). Components will be express shipped free of charge. This is a very simple process and will only take approximately 15-20 minutes.

2. Wahoo Repair of your current KICKR: I would supply you with a return shipping label in order to send your KICKR back to me. Once I receive the KICKR, I will carry out the repair and then ship it straight back to you. This option is great if you still have your original KICKR box and packaging and do not want to carry out the repair yourself, due to various reasons.

3. Replacement with new tested unit: place you in the queue for a brand new unit that has this new hardware installed

"

Edited by bolt67