Scott Scale 940 surgery (an average guys project bike on an average guys salary)

partydave

Had an amazing idea last night, roadbike tyres instead of Merida Racelites.

Will stretch them over the Crests. Will use water as sealant to further save weight

and when you puncture you can give back to nature by giving the trail much needed water as you ride.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems there's a flaw in my plan, water is too thin and will just seep out the puncture.

I think syrup will work better, but may be heavier than sealant. 

Thoughts?

Seems there's a flaw in my plan, water is too thin and will just seep out the puncture.

Thoughts?

Are you packing waffles as race food? If so then syrup is the way to go!!! Great thing is that as you fuel up the total package gets lighter.

PS. Also if you have a few Canadians in the race you might be able to bribe them with the syrup to pull you up the hills. This will increase your climbing capability exponentially. 

Thoughts?

Isn't oil lighter than water ?

It floats on top, right?

I have a 2012 Scott Scale 940. It's a bike. It's called Krummels and it's been abused. Not much more to say about it other than it's treated me very well over the years.

She has been selected from a large group of 2 bikes to carry me through a gravel stage race with unforgiving climbs in December. She needs to behave nicely, so she will receive some much needed TLC.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180923_085525.jpg

My main objective is to make the bike climb better, be lighter and not fall apart. 

What I've done thusfar:

Weight savings

Swapped the 720mm for a 600mm 

Swapped lock-on grips for foams

Replaced steel bottle cage for carbon cage

Replaced Spez GC tyres for Merida Racelites

Swapped 3x10 for 1x10

Removed front brake lever and caliper. Avid Elixer fronts are piss poor anyway

Climbing

Trained a little

On next weeks episode: Dave strips his bike to prepare for a paint job that will leave him wanting more of the old paint job because the new one looks like toss

Disclaimer: This is an ongoing thread. If I stop posting, I've lost interest and finally bought the Evil I have been making eyes at

You need to head over to this thread: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/178730-cannondale-supersix-hillclimb-5kgs/

This guy is on to something!

I seriously don't know why I keep coming back to this thread...  :huh:  :lol:

Ja I know right...  everything about this thread is wrong. Like getting Canadians to pull you up the climbs for syrup... It is Belgians - they make waffles and those go best with syrup....

My everyday diet consists of only USN Testoboost so no problem there

Something you need to share with the rest of hubland regarding your manhood ?? Bit short where it counts ?

Pity there is no magic pill or drink to solve stupidity that you could use.

Had an amazing idea last night, roadbike tyres instead of Merida Racelites.

Will stretch them over the Crests. Will use water as sealant to further save weight

As long as they stay ideas you should be fine.

Just a note - I won't be asking you along for a ride just in case.