Youth Olympics. No SA Cyclists

Chris NewbyFraser

Although road, mtb and bmx disciplines are being contested at the Youth Olympics in Argentina, we have no SA riders representing the country. Another CSA failure or are there good reasons we have no riders there?

Although road, mtb and bmx disciplines are being contested at the Youth Olympics in Argentina, we have no SA riders representing the country. Another CSA failure or are there good reasons we have no riders there?

Well I'm guessing if they don't even pay for our elite riders to go to worlds there is no way they would pay for juniors. My guess is CSA failure.

If a fringe sport like rock climbing can field two contestants, there is no reason why cycling should not be represented.

Edited by Trance Dance

Aye...

A girl in my eldest son's class is there competing in the hurdles (she is in gr10)..last I heard she had to pay her own way there .. (not sure if that changed at all)

The hockey girls are there but not the boys and they did qualify.

Edited by Gen

What an absolute disgrace!!! (Is this just again proving the total incompetence of our CSA, or is our governmental sporting bodies also turning a blind eye to these select individuals for political reasons?) don’t tell me potential sponsorship could not have been arraigned.

Did our cycling youngsters qualify for the Youth Olympics though.. I can't remember what the results were at African youth games?

Edited by Gen

Not CSA, Olympics, Commonwealth Games are SASCOC business.Remember its this strange competition where every rider must race all disciplines

What the heck is the youth Olympics?

A sporting, cultural and education festival. Sounds like a party of note.

I see the next one will be in Africa, Dakar was the only city actually interested in hosting it.

Perhaps I'm confusing this with another event. Isn't there a girl from PE going. I forget her name.

I read an article in the paper about her representing SA.

But Im sure I read an article in the paper about her.

Edited by Eugene

Perhaps I'm confusing this with another event. Isn't there a girl from PE going. I forget her name.

I read an article in the paper about her representing SA.

But Im sure I read an article in the paper about her.

Kelsey van Schoor went to World Champs in Austria.