Feedback wanted - Classifieds category reshuffle

Matt

My suggestion...please get advertisers to include in the main advert description line to indicate SIZE of bike or size/type of wheel. I often waste time looking at an Advert where the advertised bike is not MY size or the MTB wheel size is not specified (I have 650b) and as most wheelsets are 29", I've got to open the ad to find out the wheel size.

The ability to QUICKLY identify an ad (without opening it) is the most important to me. 

I often use the SEARCH facility...it works well.

One other great feature would be to have a tick box - MY favourite adverts. This would allow me to scan late at night, mark some favourite ads do some research on them the next day or two and then easily go back to those adverts to reconsider them for purchase after the research is completed. This would save me from scanning through pages and pages to go back to find the advert. (I suppose that one could note the key words and do a search later!)

Anyway...just my 2 cents worth...

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New classifieds seem to have launched, not sure I like it, too much granularity - you get overwhelmed with the amount of sections and subsections.

It's also appears to be missing a section for selling stuff other than cycling goodies, there used to be a non-cycling section where you could sell all the other stuff, is this going to make a return because it was a handy section to use every so often?

Edited by Skylark

classifieds feel much more difficult for me to navigate 

might be because it's new now , but man the sheer amount of selections and filltering options are a bit overwhelming 

Too early for me to comment on the Classifieds layout, new things always take time to get into

One suggested addition for the sizing... please allow more than one size to be searched for at a time.

It's easy to fit both a 55 and 56 cm bike as an example.

I really like the look of the new classifieds section but if I have one criticism is that road and mtb components are now all lumped together were as before they were separated. This makes searching for that singular item a bit more laborious. Otherwise I think you've done a great job well done admin. 

I really like the look of the new classifieds section but if I have one criticism is that road and mtb components are now all lumped together were as before they were separated. This makes searching for that singular item a bit more laborious. Otherwise I think you've done a great job well done admin. 

Totally agree with this - its the first thing that jumped out at me when I started looking at components today.

WAIT, nevermind, Discipline (Road / MTB) is an attribute now!  :thumbup:  Better, IMHO

Edited by Hilton.

+1 on road and mtb components being lumped together. Doesn't make sense for some things like handlebars, does make sense for other things like saddles... Maybe.

There are filter options to drill down to the discipline specific components, e.g. within groupsets you can filter between MTB, Road and Gravel.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/c/complete-groupsets

Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 11.57.31.png

There are filter options to drill down to the discipline specific components, e.g. within groupsets you can filter between MTB, Road and Gravel.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/c/complete-groupsets

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2019-12-02 at 11.57.31.png

My bad, thanks Admin just too hasty in forming my opinion and dropping  the comment, glad to see that the RD/MTB option still exists. Great new look in my view well done again.

The adverts used to show Town as well as Province, whereas now it only lists province.

I would really like to see the Town if the seller decides to share it.

It makes much more sense for me to be able to see which adverts are in SnorCity instead of the Vaal.

The difference in having to arrange shipping for an item or not can make or break a sale on low value items.

The adverts used to show Town as well as Province, whereas now it only lists province.

I would really like to see the Town if the seller decides to share it.

It makes much more sense for me to be able to see which adverts are in SnorCity instead of the Vaal.

The difference in having to arrange shipping for an item or not can make or break a sale on low value items.

The new system actually caters for more detail in terms of seller location (Province, Town/City, Suburb (optional).

However, for the migration many current adverts may have lost what was entered in the "Suburb" field on the old advert as there may not have been a 1-1 match with a suburb. 

As the adverts are updated and new ads are posted this will correct itself and hopefully offer richer data to buyers

Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 12.11.24.png

Off the cuff, the new categories seem good. This includes the ability to filter. I also like the overall design of the new site - clean, fresh, contemporary.

One question though (not directly related to the category reshuffle) - where do you reply/comment publicly to a classified advert? The only options I see are "Send message" and "Send email" (Top right corner under the person's details who placed the add).

on more thing 

when i click only on "components" which now includeds suspension ( which i like ) 

I can't choose to only see mtb parts , i like scrolling through all the parts available but i only ever buy mtb related parts 

Usually if you want something urgently you would call the seller directly and speak to them over the phone to conclude the deal, this usually secures the transaction for guys who are really keen on it.

Is it the plan to have all communications initiated via the Messenger or Email only going forward?

Usually if you want something urgently you would call the seller directly and speak to them over the phone to conclude the deal, this usually secures the transaction for guys who are really keen on it.

Is it the plan to have all communications initiated via the Messenger or Email only going forward?

Not at all, Phone number is most definitely still an option for all the reasons you mention. However, this is dependant on the seller enabling the option on their profile.