Feedback wanted - Classifieds category reshuffle

Matt

Not at all, Phone number is most definitely still an option for all the reasons you mention. However, this is dependant on the seller enabling the option on their profile.

Cool. Good to know.

For some reason I then seemed to click on two specific adverts that didn't have the option to see their number, I was concerned that this was removed.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The search works great, looking for a bike in several sizes. But the alerts still seem to have a much more limited selection of filters?

Website confusing and an attempt to group items not user friendly. Also not user friendly for mobile phone or tablet use. Search options e.g. "Province" no multi option choice like before. Predict that the once powerful bikers website will frustrate many whom will give up and go elsewhere....a pity for the time of the year where sales should be at a high.

Website confusing and an attempt to group items not user friendly. Also not user friendly for mobile phone or tablet use. Search options e.g. "Province" no multi option choice like before. Predict that the once powerful bikers website will frustrate many whom will give up and go elsewhere....a pity for the time of the year where sales should be at a high.

Are there specific aspects of the grouping which you find unfriendly? e.g. Access to certain views, filtering, etc.? And on mobile devices, is there anything in particular which makes it more challenging?

The province multi-select option is something on the to-do list.

I hope you've not put any money on that prediction. Our team is diligently working through all the feedback, good and bad. And where necessary we will refine and improve.

Where's the Vintage Classifieds section?

The vintage bikes are now within the Bikes category: https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/c/vintage-bikes

And components within the Components category: https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/c/vintage-components

Non cycling classifieds gone?

That's what I was also wondering.

Given the limited use and completely tucked away nature of section we removed it. We've had a few requests and enquiries about it today. It's something we can consider incorporating.

The search works great, looking for a bike in several sizes. But the alerts still seem to have a much more limited selection of filters?

The Search Alert options will be expanded in time to include sizing, etc. Currently it is limited to category, keyword, province, seller type, price and condition.

As a first version they're already a major improvement over the previous email alerts which a very broad category wide notification that tended to flood inboxes unnecessarily. 

Still things are not clear, for instance where one place ads for touring and bikepacking equipment. This is a fast growing entity in cycling and I sent several emails to this effect to bikehub and not one was replayed. I custom make and fit bikepacking equipment, Durban only supplier of cycle touring equipment and I'm unable to find the correct space to advertise my products.

I can't even get into the ads. Page for log in is blank. Tried it a few times even asking my iPad to open in a new page!

-snip-

The Search Alert options will be expanded in time to include sizing, etc. Currently it is limited to category, keyword, province, seller type, price and condition.

As a first version they're already a major improvement over the previous email alerts which a very broad category wide notification that tended to flood inboxes unnecessarily. 

Awesome thanks, if it is on the horizon I am happy. Will keep looking manually (which is much easier now that I can select several sizes at once :thumbup: ) until this is implemented. I like to keep my inbox clear. 

Definitely need sizing option for bikes. I do not want to scroll through pages of ads and see a nice option, only for it to be the wrong size frame or wrong wheel size etc. Having the option of filtering out the wrong sizes from the get-go is a must IMHO

Don't forget the foundation sport!!!!!

BMX, as it is, SA cycling don't spend enough energy in this space!