Which vehicle fits 29er MTB inside?

duanelr

Hi

This is a very tight squeez but I got my Pyga and two kids into my Mini this weekend.

My son had the job of holding the wheels in place from his booster chair :)

Happy Monday

Marc

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, but many later and still no issues bar my passenger door lock packing up.  And to be honest, I drive it like a hot hatch and raise the suspension at least 3 times a month.   It took a while for a friend to convince me, but I can see his argument, it's a tough package to beat.  He's on his 5th Discovery now.

I think the Discovery 3 was not too great from what I can gather.    Worried about all the tech in the 5, hence giving it some time to see if there are issues, before I commit.

Strange how it took Tata to fix Jaguar and Land Rover issues, and someone like BMW broke them.  Bizarre.

This is a known issue. go and speak to them - they warrantied mine (back to topic) which DID fit a 29ers with front wheel off

This thread consists out of three types of people, those who boast about the smallest car they got their bikes in, those who want to buy the biggest possible vehicle and those few and far between trying to have an actual discussion on real bike friendly cars.

The current Mitsubishi Outlander. Folding the seats flat, you can fit a large 29'er with the front and rear wheel still on. Muddy MTB shoes can fit in the storage compartment under the boot floor. It is also not too high, so using the roof rails with a roof mounted bike rack is still easy and does not require a ladder. 

Apologies if already suggested ...

Without passengers in the rear, I've always found it easiest to squeeze bike between rear and front seats.

Front wheel off, access rear driver side flipped over with rear wheel in foot space behind front passenger seat.

Hope that makes sense - really easy when you see it done.

Frint wheel in boot or on rear seat. (don't forget to pack it LOL)

Previous model X-trail takes a xl dual one it’s side no problem.

Edited by Quagga

I wish I was in the position to be able to buy a car to suit my bicycle requirements! Having said that...my Honda Accord Stationwagon fits bikes with ease. Fold rear seats, fit 29'er. Simple.

VW transporter long wheel base.... fits 4 bike without a problem ...

http://www.tch.co.za/bike1.jpg

http://www.tch.co.za/bike2.jpg

DAMMIT. 

Carried on telling myself that the LWB has just as much room as my Caddy Maxi, in the hope that it would cure my upgrade-itis. This pic is definitive proof that there's more room in the LWB than in the Caddy, with the seats in. 

Damn you, Chris. I now want a transporter. :P

DAMMIT. 

Carried on telling myself that the LWB has just as much room as my Caddy Maxi, in the hope that it would cure my upgrade-itis. This pic is definitive proof that there's more room in the LWB than in the Caddy, with the seats in. 

hahahahahaha

LWB transporter is the way to go!.

Hi there. Which vehicles out there can you load an entire 29er a mountain bike into the back? Will take the front wheel off if necessary.

I know the old Nissan x trail can swollow an entire bike with the seats folded flat - same for an ild prado. What else are you guys driving? Looking for a new vehicle though.

Reasons for putting the bike inside the vehicle: safety against theft , protection against stone chips / elements as well as keeping the bike clean when travelling on dirt roads.

Thanks in advdance.

VW Caddy maxi swallows it easy. If you go for the 7 seater, you'll have to make a plan with the rear bench. 

VW Caddy maxi swallows it easy. If you go for the 7 seater, you'll have to make a plan with the rear bench. 

Rear seat comes out easily and stacks neatly in the garage...

DAMMIT. 

Also dont forget that you can claim the VAT back on the LWB... another added bonus