Last minute training 94.7

cas247

Hi guys, 

I am registered for the 94,7 this year.

Last year I tore the ligaments in my foot 2 weeks before the 94,7 so I did not ride it and I fell out of tune with cycling slightly, 

I haven't done any races this year, just a couple of 100 km training rides, The last ride was probably 3 months back  :mellow:

I do a twice a week spin session at the gym, and general weight exercises.

My last 94,7 was in 2016 with a time of 3:40

Any thoughts as to how I can train for next months ride/race with only 35 days to go? 

Thanks

Yours sincerely

A stressed out cyclist

If you can do a couple of 100 km training rides you are more than qualified to complete 94.7 (even if last ride was 3 months back)  - you are not going to podium but will finish in a far better shape than a lot of the people out there

Enter a few events leading up to 947 - this will help you mentally prepare under similar conditions (riding with a bunch, getting dropped, joining the next one, hydration strategy, and more).

Very few training rides will give you this preparation, with the added bonus of having backup in the event of a problem.

Join me @SBR this week-end

were you serious or sarcastic in the other thread where you said SBR on a road bike?

How did you get that?

Have you hacked my Strava account ?????

:-)

Testing a theory about cycling on run training only

2a17332785f2dd6fb79d882e7149c689.jpg