Best value mtb baggies?

GrahamS2

I bought the lumo orange ranger shorts, did not realize they where that lumo. My wife made me get rid of them! Man they where cool shorts! The new owner loves them

Heresy! 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock solid, great baggies. I didn't know they were being brought it to SA. I got some 6 years ago that have been through everything. Ditched the liner straight away and they have been ridden in, on safari in, built a house in, crashed alot in, become my diy work shorts, walk shorts, chopped trees, fixed boats in, surfed in, fixed motorbikes in, fished in and honesty they are a million miles away from being retired.

Well ventilated, loads of pockets, well reenforced ass and the only thing that has fallen off is a ring one if the drain holes on a pocket. Only thing I didn't like was the elasticised waist on mine but I think they might have changed that now. 

If people think that they are heavy the should see my DH shorts! Seriously though I guess there are now different baggies for different uses. XC baggies, racing baggies, all round trail baggies and #enduro baggies now. 

Well put.  They are this good and they can be used for cycling too.  Best shorts by far! (Very best)

So i popped in by Indola and liked this baggie in blue 

https://indola.co.za/shop/bottoms/thebusiness-enduro-mtb-baggy/

Blue looked awesome, they did not have stock in medium or small, but i fitted a medium in a different colour.

They getting stock again soon and will pop in there again.

I noticed the padding is much thicker and bigger on the enduro compared to the normal padding. Does the padding really make a bid difference though as there is only about R200 difference in price.

Would appreciate anyones feedback who owned one or experince with both.

Willing to try either ones out also that is decent quality with enough protection. I'm a newbie in MTB and would be a waste in spending unnecessary money for a starter like me.

Maybe i'll try out CWC, Outdoor warehouse, Sportsmans Warehouse, etc. Any place in CT so i can fit it on.

Is the padded inner lining removable?

Blue looked awesome, they did not have stock in medium or small, but i fitted a medium in a different colour.

I noticed the padding is much thicker and bigger on the enduro compared to the normal padding. Does the padding really make a bid difference though as there is only about R200 difference in price.

Willing to try either ones out also that is decent quality with enough protection. I'm a newbie in MTB and would be a waste in spending unnecessary money for a starter like me.

Maybe i'll try out CWC, Outdoor warehouse, Sportsmans Warehouse, etc. Any place in CT so i can fit it on.

Guest Ratchet road

Oh maybe check titanracings new baggies. They seem okayish

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a pair of the Enduro's. Made the mistake of buying the size marked medium. A bit tight as this medium size is a 32". Slim fit looks and works good for xc riding. Stays put on my butt. Legs neatly tailored but a bit long for my skinny, short pins and can hook over the knee - I 'kneed' to ask the missus to shorten them.

Rode the 947 in them starting in last group. Hot day. The shorts were ok temperature wise ( I do enjoy heat, tho)but the nappie was seriously hot. There is simply no way the uber-thick pad can dissipate heat fast enough. Also, the nappie covers a large area high up the lower back, further increasing heat retention. I plan to take the nappie out. I should have bought the standard liner model.