[Event] Tshwane Classic

Forthelove

New section is much better than out and back on the freeway.

Tom Jenkins. Had to remind myself that after that first turn it actually gets better.

The atmosphere through town was a lot friendlier than last year.

Taking us past Church Square was a good idea. It's clean and tidy. I've forgotten how nice those buildings are.

Then that little sting at the end.

Finish, moved from last year was again a surprise. Suddenly it's just there.

All in all a nice race. Worth doing.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode from my home and back .Loved all of it and the new section was welcome .Also liked the church square detour .  Kudos to the marshals especially near the prison for handling the traffic 

So on the whole number of entries crap. Lets look at the number of timed finishers:

98 90km - 2645

60km - 876

20km - 59

Total: 3580

I know there will have been a large number of DNF, DNS, and no timing chip riders.

If the organisers are reading this: You guys have a great event. Great route + mostly closed roads = I really enjoyed the day. 3580 timed finishers in your second year is excellent. But there is really no need to exaggerate the entry numbers. It just makes you look bad.

A mate of mine still swearing about that climb 28 hours later  lol

Very lekker route and event. Well done to the organisers. Please do it again next year.

Tom Jenkins was carnage  :devil:

Great event - will definitely be back next year!

Finish line @ 90km caught a lot of people out - race was meant to be 98km.

Great event - will definitely be back next year!

Finish line @ 90km caught a lot of people out - race was meant to be 98km.

Even last year it was only around 93km (supposed to be 98 as well)

Next year

please make sure that someone leads out the cats that know the rout

Leadrs on both 20 and 60 had to turn around at least once

Had a very pissed off young man after coming 2nd in the 20 km by a couple of meters because he had to turn around twice while he was way ahead of the pack.  Was wondering why the road ranger was chearing him on so much, poor guy must have felt a bit bad for the lighty  :clap:

Not even that nice trophy could put the smile back on his face. All part of learning that life is not always fair and you gotta roll with the punches.

My suggestion would be to turn the 20km into an U13 and U11.event. Everyone can ride but only U3 and U11  get podiums. Some mtb races like the USN do that with their short races and it definately draws the youths. 

And make that prize giving earlier if you want the parents to hang around.

We will be back.

Edited by Rolling Stone

My suggestion would be to turn the 20km into an U13 and U11.event. Everyone can ride but only U3 and U11  get podiums. Some mtb races like the USN do that with their short races and it definately draws the youths. 

And make that prize giving earlier if you want the parents to hang around.

We will be back.

Very cool idea.  

I am coming back for that hill next year, hopefully a few kilos lighter. I do not care about the rest of the race, but I will not walk up TJ again.

I put my gopro footage of the climb on youtube here:

Something to watch on the indoor trainer to motivate you not to be a walker next year (and maybe to motivate other walkers not to take up the whole road)

Wanted to do it so much this year, but it fell on the same weekend as the Trailseeker Cullinan... too much for the budget and fitness to accomplish in one weekend! Hope next year the events are a bit apart...

Edited by wiledog_x

Something to watch on the indoor trainer to motivate you not to be a walker next year (and maybe to motivate other walkers not to take up the whole road)

Awesome video, especially due to some crazy coincidence I am actually in the video :eek:

Very cool, amazing how many people walked. TBH, I only kept on riding because I knew the first section is the really bad part, once you are over that it is ride-able. (albeit slowly) I think a lot of guys didn't know and gave up too quickly. Agreed on the walkers, keep left if you're going to hike.

Awesome video, especially due to some crazy coincidence I am actually in the video :eek:

Which hiker are you? :P