[Event] Tshwane Classic

Forthelove

I sent them an email, raising my displeasure of how this was handled.

They reimbursed me my entry fee.

I am still unimpressed with the way they handled the whole thing, but at least this shows they want to make amends.

I'm waiting for communication on how you can transfer the entry to other events, as they indicated this would be a possibility right from the start.

But yes, I think they handled it poorly, the probability of the event happening was always low, they would have known early on what the constraints were and the possibilities of working within those constraints.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for communication on how you can transfer the entry to other events, as they indicated this would be a possibility right from the start.

But yes, I think they handled it poorly, the probability of the event happening was always low, they would have known early on what the constraints were and the possibilities of working within those constraints.

They gave me the option of moving the entry to Joburg classic, but since all events are at the same likelyhood of not taking place, I opted for the refund.

That way, I can do a race-day entry for which-ever event goes ahead.

They gave me the option of moving the entry to Joburg classic, but since all events are at the same likelyhood of not taking place, I opted for the refund.

That way, I can do a race-day entry for which-ever event goes ahead.

maybe i should pop them an email and ask for a refund, like you said, the chances of any events happening this year are slim to none.

Ja look, if they host it in Feb, I'll be there without even thinking about it. But they'll get my money only on Registration or Race Day.

I sent them an email, raising my displeasure of how this was handled.

They reimbursed me my entry fee.

I am still unimpressed with the way they handled the whole thing, but at least this shows they want to make amends.

I sent them an email, so far have received no response. Who did you send it to? I used the email on the Web site.

its not the R 350, I am pissed of at the lack of communication, they just kept saying it’s going ahead. They must have known a while ago it’s not going to happen. It’s a pity that it has been badly handled, will affect people’s trust in entering upfront. 

Same company that is promoting the Joburg Classic, not entering that,  not getting caught twice. Unfortunately I have entered Satellite, different company but probably the same result. 

I sent them an email, so far have received no response. Who did you send it to? I used the email on the Web site.

its not the R 350, I am pissed of at the lack of communication, they just kept saying it’s going ahead. They must have known a while ago it’s not going to happen. It’s a pity that it has been badly handled, will affect people’s trust in entering upfront.

Same company that is promoting the Joburg Classic, not entering that, not getting caught twice. Unfortunately I have entered Satellite, different company but probably the same result.

I replied to the email address at the bottom of the email they sent out this morning.

I agree, it isn't about the actual rand value, it is the way that they promoted it going on as planned, only to go ahead and cancel today.

Eish.  Been away since Friday.  Not good to see this news. 

Very little changed the past week or so, the organisers probably knew last week already the race will be cancelled.

I'm very happy I didn't enter!!!

• 5 months later...

I see on their website that the route has changed for the event on 23 May.  Wondering about the logistical issues regarding parking etc ...

Only by chance that I saw this.  Again no communication from the events company regarding this.

I see on their website that the route has changed for the event on 23 May.  Wondering about the logistical issues regarding parking etc ...

Only by chance that I saw this.  Again no communication from the events company regarding this.

O no, Tom Jenkins is not part of the race anymore. That was half the reason I was doing the race. 

I see it starts at some place called MX Legends. Limited parking, I've never been there?

I see it starts at some place called MX Legends. Limited parking, I've never been there?

Lots (LOTS) of parking on the grass, one of the Trailseekers takes place here.

Bleh. Hope they'll have security of some sort. 

Yeah, lots and lots of parking.  Just wondering how they will manage vehicle entry and exit on the same piece of road we "race" on.  If I remember correctly the entry / exit "road" is single lane ...