29er Tubeless slicks?

Irvin85

Cycle lab had specials on them last year but you can use normal road bike tyres, or Tandem tyres.

Sorry I only noticed later - Tubeless!

Edited by Dexter-morgan

slick slicks for road or little knobbies that work well on hardpack?

If the former then any cyclocross to gravel bike tyre should do.

if the latter then Definitive Bikes "The Dominator"(Duro Tyres Cycpher) in 2.1 is a very nice option.

slick slicks for road or little knobbies that work well on hardpack?

If the former then any cyclocross to gravel bike tyre should do.

if the latter then Definitive Bikes "The Dominator"(Duro Tyres Cycpher) in 2.1 is a very nice option.

Not sure myself, Asking for a friend who want to do 94.7 on his MTB but not willing to redo his tubeless conversion. 

So I think it will most probably be slicks like in Road tyres for the 29er. 

Panaracer Gravel King - the original one, not the more gravelly SK version.

Come in 32 or 38mm widths,290g and 320g respectively.

And, most importantly, with an option for a tan sidewall.  

post-86413-0-60593900-1540553978_thumb.png

Not sure myself, Asking for a friend who want to do 94.7 on his MTB but not willing to redo his tubeless conversion. 

Depending on the width of the rims your friend has anything from 28C road tyre can fit BUT this will lower the bb by an inch or more.

I’d recommend they look at 700C cyclocross or gravel bike tyres

You don't have to redo the tubeless conversion at all if running tubes. Just don't remove the rim tape, pull out the tubeless valve, and put a tube in.

Once done, remove tube, put the tubeless valve and sealant back in, and bob's your uncle.

I am finding I need to check my tubeless every 3 months at least as it dries out. Whether you put slicks with tubes or without tubes, it is the same effort. Once you take the tubeless knobbly off, you often need to redo the rim tape, unless it looks very neat. I buy duct tape to use as rim tape for tubeless. Cut it down the middle and a 5 m roll can do two tires for R40.

Chaoyang Viper 700cx1.5 

I picked up a set for 600 bucks brand new from BikeMob.

Super easy to inflate and I run them at 2.5 to 3 bar depending on where I'm going.

No issues after quite a good few hundred km

Spez sawtooth. Running front and rear. Very fast rolling at higher pressure. High tpi and grip for lower pressure. Most importantly. Uber quality casing. Going to give the marathon plus a go to save them for actual gravel events.

I am finding I need to check my tubeless every 3 months at least as it dries out. Whether you put slicks with tubes or without tubes, it is the same effort. Once you take the tubeless knobbly off, you often need to redo the rim tape, unless it looks very neat. I buy duct tape to use as rim tape for tubeless. Cut it down the middle and a 5 m roll can do two tires for R40.

Next time you go shopping for duct tape try out the gorilla tape option. Bit more expensive but you can do multiple tyre changes with it, so works out economically in the long run.

Next time you go shopping for duct tape try out the gorilla tape option. Bit more expensive but you can do multiple tyre changes with it, so works out economically in the long run.

I have used it. Switched to duct tape because I battled to find it in Durban. I agree it is better.

Duct tape is fine but I find that the higher thread count of gorilla tape makes for neater tubeless valve seal. The duct tape sometimes needs another layer there.