Hogsback enduro / tech trails

captain morgan

Hi All ...

I spend a lot of time on the " mountain" used do the routes for lord of the chainrings .... I have seen the light and more in to tech trail riding last couple of years.

I have cleared some great trails that i didn't consider ridable before .

Seems a shame not to share ...

Prepared to show riders that might be interested , or maybe organise a ride weekend ( not keen to organise race/events) again .... too old and lazy for all that pain.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love love to ride some tech in the Amatholas. Kids just need to be a year or 2 older to visit the awesomeness that is Hogsback. Love that place. My boet and I took the old people there for their 40th wedding anniversary way back in 2010. Time for another visit.

Edited by Patensie

Was there a few years back, went hiking. All the way I just wished I had my bike there - seriously nice terain! Will make a plan to go there next time I'm in EC visiting the in-laws.

Hi All ...

I spend a lot of time on the " mountain" used do the routes for lord of the chainrings .... I have seen the light and more in to tech trail riding last couple of years.

Prepared to show riders that might be interested , or maybe organise a ride weekend ( not keen to organise race/events) again .... too old and lazy for all that pain.

We've got a group that rides between Cathcart and Stutt. Send me a PM when you get a ride togather and we'll come and join you.

Great ... let me know if you heading this way .

Trails are steep natural and technical... Dropper post needed .

Are you living in Hogs. I have a manual dropper. I stop and drop my saddle[emoji6]

Great ... let me know if you heading this way .

Trails are steep natural and technical... Dropper post needed .

I will do. Just first need to organize a ride from Gubu to windy ridge and a braai after.

• 1 year later...

Update on old thread....

So a lot has been happening on the hogs since lockdown...

I was joined by Rene (Kingdom enduro) wayne (Ride rate review) and Theuns . We have had a blast and now have 6 PROPER gravity trails .

We are inviting shredders up to hogsback in September to start sharing.... once normality has returned, we will be having the 1st Hogsback Enduro .

Check out (Ride Rate Review) last couple you tube posts and get psyched...

We are riding the first weekend September and maybe around 24/9 public holiday.

Hogsback has plenty affordable accommodation...

COME PLAY !!!

Hi All ...

Whose property are the trail on bro?   People are damn sticky up there especially seeing as their property is trodden on all the time when it snows and the whole of slummies flock there and just invade.

Sounds like something I would love to come look at until I get a trail bike anyway.

Update on old thread....

So a lot has been happening on the hogs since lockdown...

I was joined by Rene (Kingdom enduro) wayne (Ride rate review) and Theuns . We have had a blast and now have 6 PROPER gravity trails .

We are inviting shredders up to hogsback in September to start sharing.... once normality has returned, we will be having the 1st Hogsback Enduro .

Check out (Ride Rate Review) last couple you tube posts and get psyched...

We are riding the first weekend September and maybe around 24/9 public holiday.

Hogsback has plenty affordable accommodation...

COME PLAY !!!

Yo, Cap! Like this?..

You'll be doing yourselves a gigantic favor by getting in on this.

It's not just the trails that are super duper special but the whole of Hogback is magical and you won't need to consume any mushrooms to experience this magic. 

The trails are best in country and real wild like you've never experienced.

Built by riders for riders... No dumbing down and definitely no governing by clubs, chairmen and bodies wanting "family friendly" trails.

Beginner riders and xc folk there is a lot of dirt road for you to explore while the rest find the gnar in the woods. Or if you think you are brave enough then by all means, come get some......

Organize a lift club and come get what you really bought into when you purchased a "big boy bike".  Crazy, scared & most importantly a Party on the trail!!!

As someone who is no stranger to 'shredding the gnar' that trail scares the pants off me and we all know a gopro/pov makes 10 foot drops look like curb hops.

I don't think there are too many guys around who could navigate that without buying some serious land.

That gap to rock made my butt clench hard!