Black Road Shoes

andreas17777

Hi, I have a pair of black road cycling shoes (specialized torch 2.0) and they get super warm, it becomes unbearable. I have to literally spray my water bottle over my feet to cool them down. Any other cyclists who have similar issues with black shoes or is it specific to this model shoe?

I also have black road shoes, some cheap ones not sure which, but I have not had any problems so far. But I did find out in winter that they have some very nice ventilation, froze my feet off almost, so I think that helps a bit. 

I assume black shoes can be warmer generally and can probably do with added ventilation.

That said, I've used some Bonts previously without any issue.

Recently replaced with some Sworks but too soon to comment.

Have you tried with lighter better breathing socks maybe.?

It gives ventilation, but the material absorbs too much heat that starts  baking my feat, it must be the material used then.

I assume black shoes can be warmer generally and can probably do with added ventilation.

That said, I've used some Bonts previously without any issue.

Recently replaced with some Sworks but too soon to comment.

Have you tried with lighter better breathing socks maybe.?

I wear lightweight breathable socks.

I have black mountain bike shoes and have never experienced anything with over heating.

Do some research on 'hot foot syndrome' and see what is there.

Typically, the sizing may be an issue and the constricted foot, that swells, struggles after a while.

I have black mountain bike shoes and have never experienced anything with over heating.

Typically, the sizing may be an issue and the constricted foot, that swells, struggles after a while.

What he said^^^^

I have yellow,black and silver road shoes and never noticed that any of the colors are warmer on hot days.

It gives ventilation, but the material absorbs too much heat that starts  baking my feat, it must be the material used then.

OP, (who isn't following the thread anymore?) mentioned that they think the material is now the suspect and not the colour. No white ankle or calf socks are going to stop black suede from baking in the sun :ph34r: 

Op, is your shoes material leather or synthetic, can you make out? Perhaps sharing a link to the model of the shoe?

Edited by Dirkitech

Haha :blink: no I have a few pairs of road shoes and all the same brand and size but the black one just gets super warm. No swelling of feet with my other shoes so the  weird foot syndrome would not be applicable. I guess the black colour and type of material used just absorbs the heat more.

OP, (who isn't following the thread anymore?) mentioned that they think the material is now the suspect and not the colour. No white ankle or calf socks are going to stop black suede from baking in the sun :ph34r: 

Op, is your shoes material leather or synthetic, can you make out? Perhaps sharing a link to the model of the shoe?

Synthetic,

post-45725-0-23018100-1541170286_thumb.png

Edited by andreas17777

Haha :blink: no I have a few pairs of road shoes and all the same brand and size but the black one just gets super warm. No swelling of feet with my other shoes so the weird foot syndrome would not be applicable. I guess the black colour and type of material used just absorbs the heat more.

What shoes are they?