CSA fining members for riding choc mtb

Furbz

You can definitely retire at any time, so I assume you can discontinue your license for other reasons too.  You'd have to let them know.  Possibly in writing.

So with a bit of admin you can get around all the CSA stupidity, however I doubt that they will be able to comprehend the process or requirements.

Let's face it they want reg fees to float themselves, so if you decide to register and be licenced  for only 3 months of the year it would be sweet. Then you can ride all the funrides you want with no issue and take out a day licence for the ones that are sanctioned.

It will cost more but there will be no fines.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So with a bit of admin you can get around all the CSA stupidity, however I doubt that they will be able to comprehend the process or requirements.

Let's face it they want reg fees to float themselves, so if you decide to register and be licenced  for only 3 months of the year it would be sweet. Then you can ride all the funrides you want with no issue and take out a day licence for the ones that are sanctioned.

It will cost more but there will be no fines.

To be clear: they want event organizer fees.  They hope that either:

- cyclists pressure organizers to become CSA affiliated, OR

- cyclists don't enter these events, and cut of the cash of non-affiliated events.

- cyclists don't enter these events, and cut of the cash of non-affiliated events.

Depending on your local CSA officials, it is quite possible, apparently, to get permission to have a charity event that does not require sanctioning.  I doubt though that this will ever be allowed for anything larger than 50-100 entrants.

Quite seriously, I think this opens up an opportunity for organizers/interested parties to attract "fun" rider (non-racing licensed) entrants as that is where the bulk of the interest is.

CSA will lose out.  I can't see how their current approach is going to generate support, in funding, good-will or bums on bikes.

Happy weekend everybody. And while you're out there, don't fall off your bike thinking about what CSA does for you.

So my dad got a 1 month suspension and R750 fine for riding the choc mtb race.

Apparantly CSA cares not that this is an event that raises money for kids with cancer.

I'm speechless

It's almost the end of the year.

What if he takes the suspension over the festive season and renews again in January?

Does he still need to pay the fine?

The principle though stinks. 

Yes but this is a way around CSA as they are of no use or consequence in the bigger scheme of things so the more they can be sidestepped the better. Unless they get their act together>

I do not see any value that they add or have added for the past 20 years. In-fact they have done more harm than good.

So, if you don't do the yearly license and just buy the day license, you should be fine, I assume?

Then you are technically only "licensed" for that one day or event, and it cannot possibly clash with the unlicensed (and often better, more fun) events?

The issues is with guys having racing licenses not the cheap annual membership everyone gets.

The racing license entitles you to provincial and national colours. Normal membership does not

Not uncommon this rule. When I was racing Motorsport and held a MSA racing license the exact same rule applied. And the same went for my international FIA license. Non sanctioned events were an absolute no no.

The issues is with guys having racing licenses not the cheap annual membership everyone gets.

The racing license entitles you to provincial and national colours. Normal membership does not

According to listing on csa website the last national colours awarded were in 2008.

I hold no CSA Lic or CSA membership and do not intend to. As mentioned its CSA rules to apply and if the event does not involve them they do not get their slice. Glad to say I'm doing an event on Sunday that's not sanctioned and instead of the CSA getting their cut, the money will instead go to a better and more worthy cause. Deserving because unlike CSA, the orgs actually add value. 

Imagine, just imagine, but it will be very very difficult to imagine.....

That CSA is run as well as what they are at raising petty fines!

Not uncommon this rule. When I was racing Motorsport and held a MSA racing license the exact same rule applied. And the same went for my international FIA license. Non sanctioned events were an absolute no no.

But that's all changed now hasn't it?

So my dad got a 1 month suspension and R750 fine for riding the choc mtb race.

Apparantly CSA cares not that this is an event that raises money for kids with cancer.

I'm speechless

The person who pushed the send button on the email you received must be a real low-life.

I cannot fathom someone sieving through data of people contributing towards sick children, and looking for a member of their own to screw... someone who contributes towards CSA.

Tell us the name of the guy that sent you the email.

The person who pushed the send button on the email you received must be a real low-life.

I cannot fathom someone sieving through data of people contributing towards sick children, and looking for a member of their own to screw... someone who contributes towards CSA.

Tell us the name of the guy that sent you the email.

No, that will just be a lowly employee. If you want to pull a snakes teeth, you should grab the head end, not the tail end. :ph34r: