Kid (and family) friendly trails - Western Cape

ChrisF

This Greenbelt route, do I require Sanparks permit? and where best to start my ride? 

Im a newby :whistling:

Planning to purchase the annual Sanparks permit, just wont get to the office today to purchase

Hi, no permit required. There are a few 'start' points, all depends on what you feel like. Bootleggers/Trail & Tar parking lot is the 'bottom', meaning it's all flat and uphill all the way to Southern Cross, or you can carry on and cross the road into Cecilia Forest and finish at the car park there. Then downhill (pretty much) all the way back. You could also start at Peddlars and skip the highway part. There is also the option of starting off in lower Tokai and doing a lap of that. Many possibilitie to make it as long or as short as you like. Just please keep in mind that these are all shared trails, and best enjoyed with Chill on, Strava and Ego off. Happy Trails!

Hi, no permit required. There are a few 'start' points, all depends on what you feel like. Bootleggers/Trail & Tar parking lot is the 'bottom', meaning it's all flat and uphill all the way to Southern Cross, or you can carry on and cross the road into Cecilia Forest and finish at the car park there. Then downhill (pretty much) all the way back. You could also start at Peddlars and skip the highway part. There is also the option of starting off in lower Tokai and doing a lap of that. Many possibilitie to make it as long or as short as you like. Just please keep in mind that these are all shared trails, and best enjoyed with Chill on, Strava and Ego off. Happy Trails!

Much appreciated, thank you!

You need a permit for the bits in bold.

This Greenbelt route, do I require Sanparks permit? and where best to start my ride? 

Im a newby :whistling:

Planning to purchase the annual Sanparks permit, just wont get to the office today to purchase

Swing past the Bikepark at Uitsig they quite often have groups of people that get together and buy as a group which makes the permit a whole lot cheaper.

Swing past the Bikepark at Uitsig they quite often have groups of people that get together and buy as a group which makes the permit a whole lot cheaper.

Just to clarify, go to uitzig bike park and buy group permit via them?

Or just hope i get a group of folks to buy group permit for sanparks?

Just to clarify, go to uitzig bike park and buy group permit via them?

Or just hope i get a group of folks to buy group permit for sanparks?

I’m looking to renew my permit for Tokai. If you are the maybe we should find a couple more people and make a plan.

I’m looking to renew my permit for Tokai. If you are the maybe we should find a couple more people and make a plan.

im in yes

how many do we need?

im in yes

how many do we need?

We need 4 people. I'll actually start a Permit thread (unless there is one) and hopefully people who need can make contacts there for group purchases. I'll send you a DM with links to the online form. It needs to be printed out and you can post it over to me or we can meet up. You need 2 photos as well. 

We need 4 people. I'll actually start a Permit thread (unless there is one) and hopefully people who need can make contacts there for group purchases. I'll send you a DM with links to the online form. It needs to be printed out and you can post it over to me or we can meet up. You need 2 photos as well. 

ok awesome!

what does it work out to with R400 pp versus R655?

I have my brother who will sign up too, so 1 more person needed

Edited by MajG