BATCH B

BATCH C

BATCH D

ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE:

11 JANUARY 2019- 09:00 AM

RAND WATER GROUNDS

11 JANUARY 13:00 TO 16:00

ROUTE DESCRIPTION:

VERY FAST, MIXTURE OF JEEP AND SINGLE TRACK.

ROUTE MAPS : will be published when available

Cut-off times:

N/A

Prize giving:

As soon as it is available

TROPHIES TO ALL FINISHERS!

ORGANISING COMPANY DETAILS:

events@spectrumsport.co.za

Cell No: 0825576884

RACE ORGANISER:

Louis Harmse

Cell No: 0825576884

PHOTOGRAPHER FOR RACE:

HENNIE DU PLESSIS:

E MAIL: hennie@presentmoments.co.za

https://www.presentmoments.co.za/copy-of-lifestyle-photography-1

Go to Event Page

hubevents-63018-0-81610000-1542280925_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

One of my fav races, definately there

Wonder how muddy it is this time around

Edited by sidbwe

One of my fav races, definately there

Wonder how muddy it is this time around

Plenty of rain last weekend but hopefully it dries out a bit towards Sunday.

Only really the one part next to the river that gets very muddy. I dont think they will go that way if its that wet again

Pic from 2017

post-36275-0-50784400-1546947514_thumb.jpeg

Only really the one part next to the river that gets very muddy. I dont think they will go that way if its that wet again

Pic from 2017

attachicon.gif20170115_091735-01.jpeg

Yikes.

Entered as well. The 2018 Winter Fast One was my first race after 3 weeks of MTB ownership, so excited to go back and see the change in the race and (hopefully) the improvements I've made.

That mielieland section was muddy even in August last year, so can only image what it'll look like now after all this rain.

Pic from 2017

attachicon.gif20170115_091735-01.jpeg

That part of the route fondly referred to as the "black hole" has been cut out, We rode the route yesterday and it was surprisingly dry after all the rain we have had, as you mentioned, it is just the part in the photo that could potentially be muddy but hey its not a roadie race  :whistling:

Can anybody remember the route in 2014? There was a massive storm upstream from the route the day before the race, when the route inspection was done on the morning of the race all the water crossings were fine, about a hour into the race all that water from the previous day came down and flooded the water crossing taking all the bridges we put up with it... some of the riders had to wade across shoulder deep in the water, this and the turf around that area necessitated the route change to what it is today, chances are pretty good that there will be some water on the route but there shouldn't be any serious mud from what we saw yesterday

Thanks for the info Face Plant. Any idea on water points and what they will have? I still remember the OBS from the first checkpoint. 

is there route profile anywhere? waterpoints?

mtbDoddy, here is the route that also shows the waterpoints, unfortunately i dont have a route profile but i can tell you that its flat!! very flat!! 

post-7854-0-95428900-1547020624_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info Face Plant. Any idea on water points and what they will have? I still remember the OBS from the first checkpoint. 

TyronLab, i have just posted the route that shows the waterpoints, as usual the waterpoints will be well stocked with bananas, cookies, coke, juice, sweets, water etc

Ah that’s good to hear I’ve just packed a bag with snacks bananas etc now I’ll leave it behind see you guys tomorrow

Hizit

Just did the fast one in alberton. Got to the 2nd water point only to be told “no water” when I say no water I actually mean no liquid at all. Same at the 3rd . Then there was a mess with route markers cutting the race short. It seemed badly organized me . Anyone experience the same ?

The 10km was only 8.5km. Not a big deal fod most but for little riders this is quite a big difference.

The event did seem to be under-funded. The entry fee was very reasonable and maybe did not meet all costs. This is no doubt a sign of the hard financial times that all are experiencing.

Until money comes back into the sport, event organisers may need to curtail their desire to provide wonderful routes for all classes and focus on providing a good experience for the majority?

Every single year people complain about crappy races , with rising entry costs only to go do the same bloody race next year 

I've said this many times 

take your money and go ride some trails at A dedicated park or save up and do a trip 

I'm sorry your race was A bad experience but trust me its not going to get better