[Event] Summer Fast One

REDHUB CYCLING

I hear you.

Guys another thing experienced riders have learnt is to go prepared.

You go on a 120k ride with 2 bottles, do the same even on a 70.

I'm certain if you asked around 95%of people enjoyed the ride and it's a wonderful event/course to get novices into the sport

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hizit

Just did the fast one in alberton. Got to the 2nd water point only to be told “no water” when I say no water I actually mean no liquid at all. Same at the 3rd . Then there was a mess with route markers cutting the race short. It seemed badly organized me . Anyone experience the same ?

Hi Bluewhite

We are extremely concerned to hear that the water tables ran out of water, this is never acceptable and is taken very seriously! The water tables let us know that their stock was low and we immediately sent replenishments, unfortunately it seems that it didn't make it to the tables in time and this lead to some riders not having water when they stopped there. All i can do is to apologize for the inconvenience, as mentioned, this is never acceptable and we will certainly ensure to stock the tables with more water in future. 

sorry that this put a damper on your event

As many said be self sufficient, the half banana and potatoes were nice, all in all, I enjoyed.

If you pay for a race and they advertise water points there should be water at said water points. Plain and simple.

Was a nice day out, first mtb race since the sani in 2017 so it was nice to back out there.

Missed a turn towards the end after the drag next to R59 with a few guys, we went back past the last water point and joined at the 40km split, seems a few guys did that . Distance seems a bit further but not by much.

Edited by W@nna-BE

Hi Bluewhite

We are extremely concerned to hear that the water tables ran out of water, this is never acceptable and is taken very seriously! The water tables let us know that their stock was low and we immediately sent replenishments, unfortunately it seems that it didn't make it to the tables in time and this lead to some riders not having water when they stopped there. All i can do is to apologize for the inconvenience, as mentioned, this is never acceptable and we will certainly ensure to stock the tables with more water in future. 

sorry that this put a damper on your event

Good reply and one I would expect from a race organizer instead of HTFU and take your own, tell that also to all the riders before who also stopped. The last rider finished in just under 5 hours that's longer than the Pro's take in a an EPIC stage and they stop for refreshments. Not every one has hydration pack's (stigma of this aside) and 2 bottles cages

I enjoyed it. Rode it with family who are part of our TB team, so had to slow down substantially in the last 15km. I found the water tables well stocked and full, but we finished in 2h20 so relatively early vs some of the later guys.

Only complaint I have was the water table at the finish. Lots of guys were finishing at the time we were, so you had to stand in liner and the tannies manning the stand weren't very friendly. Oh, and this is partly me needing to HTFU and/or buy a FS bike, but the grass... So much grass! Hate riding on grass.

Good reply and one I would expect from a race organizer instead of HTFU and take your own, tell that also to all the riders before who also stopped. The last rider finished in just under 5 hours that's longer than the Pro's take in a an EPIC stage and they stop for refreshments. Not every one has hydration pack's (stigma of this aside) and 2 bottles cages

Hi Scotty

There is no way that we can justify water tables running out of water, many riders do plan their ride based on the availability of water at these points and rightly so i think, why carry 2 bottles if you know you can fill one up every 15 km, this is very unfortunate and we have spoken with the folks manning the water stations to try to figure out how this happened to avoid it in future and the feedback we got was due to the heat, many riders were pouring water over themselves to cool down and a number of guys riding with hydration packs re-filled them at the water points, this in no way justifies running out of water but it does highlight the fact that more water was consumed than normal and we will certainly take this into consideration for our next events.

Gone are the days that guys, weekend warriors and race snakes alike, arrived at the first race of the season fat and unfit!

The pace at the start, mon dieu!

Despite how many times I've done these events I like the way they always make small changes to the route that make it interesting.

Hi Scotty

There is no way that we can justify water tables running out of water, many riders do plan their ride based on the availability of water at these points and rightly so i think, why carry 2 bottles if you know you can fill one up every 15 km, this is very unfortunate and we have spoken with the folks manning the water stations to try to figure out how this happened to avoid it in future and the feedback we got was due to the heat, many riders were pouring water over themselves to cool down and a number of guys riding with hydration packs re-filled them at the water points, this in no way justifies running out of water but it does highlight the fact that more water was consumed than normal and we will certainly take this into consideration for our next events.

100%   :thumbup:

Pitty I did not enter. Sounds like there was not alot of mud, damn missed out. 

No mud at all. not a single puddle that could not be avoided. 

Very nice race.

I am sure lesson learnt, and will not be repeated with regards to the last couple of water points. The first one after about 28km's was very well stocked.

Enjoyed the event, and that shower/sprayer at the finish was magic in that heat.

Will be back.