[Event] Summer Fast One

REDHUB CYCLING

No mud at all. not a single puddle that could not be avoided. 

Very nice race.

I am sure lesson learnt, and will not be repeated with regards to the last couple of water points. The first one after about 28km's was very well stocked.

Enjoyed the event, and that shower/sprayer at the finish was magic in that heat.

Will be back.

sounds like they did improve a lot, not sure why people then complaining about the water shortage. Just make sure you do have extra water with you on the ride. 2 bottles or 1 bottle with a camel back

Just heard that their was issues with the timing especially the top places. I did pick up directly that the person that did get the 1st place on the results must have been in correct, was soon after corrected

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like they did improve a lot, not sure why people then complaining about the water shortage. Just make sure you do have extra water with you on the ride. 2 bottles or 1 bottle with a camel back

Just heard that their was issues with the timing especially the top places. I did pick up directly that the person that did get the 1st place on the results must have been in correct, was soon after corrected

there was no issues with the timing, the top 5 positions had to be adjusted due to some riders that took n wrong turn. other than that the timing was spot on

Its such a bitter sweet feeling when you get compliments about an event after hearing that there were riders that didn't get water. So much work goes into an event like this and when even one rider has a bad experience we really take it personally, but thanks to everybody that commented about the race ... good and bad, without this feedback we cant improve on our event

PS. I dont recall seeing you there Charles? 

there was no issues with the timing, the top 5 positions had to be adjusted due to some riders that took n wrong turn. other than that the timing was spot on

Its such a bitter sweet feeling when you get compliments about an event after hearing that there were riders that didn't get water. So much work goes into an event like this and when even one rider has a bad experience we really take it personally, but thanks to everybody that commented about the race ... good and bad, without this feedback we cant improve on our event

To be honest, i'm a bit sad that I was not at the event. Thought there will be a lot of mud and not looking forward to clean my bike, so gave it a skip. Big mistake from my site. 

No mud at all. not a single puddle that could not be avoided. 

Very nice race.

I am sure lesson learnt, and will not be repeated with regards to the last couple of water points. The first one after about 28km's was very well stocked.

Enjoyed the event, and that shower/sprayer at the finish was magic in that heat.

Will be back.

Tell that to the clown who was riding his spez(not that I have anything against Spez. I ride one myself) next to me and decided it would be a good idea to jump into a puddle covering me from head to toe in mud!!

Just hope he reads this and realises he was a knob!

Edited by Ramrod

What was the official ruling from the race commissaire in regards to the top 5 positions?

Being off the bike for over a year this was my first race again. I really enjoyed it. Did the 70 km race with the though of mud. But as mentioned the course design was awesome preventing any major mud puddles. Also appreciated the 40km riders always giving space to pass without asking. Well done all.

This was my first event where there was mud, and I'm struggling to understand what everyone's issue is? It caused major traffic jams on the route as everyone tried to dodge the mud or trundle around it. I actually came to a complete stop a few times just to wait for traffic dawdling past a puddle.

Maybe I don't understand as I come from an MX background, but isn't getting covered in mud part of the fun? I couldn't wait to charge through the puddles and get a bit grimy, and slip and slide through some mud patches. It is a MTB race after all?

I got annoyed with my teammates worrying about the mud, so did a high speed manual past them through one of the puddles and sprayed them on purpose. After that they didn't care about staying clean and everyone had a more relaxed and faster ride as they didn't waddle through the dirty patches anymore.

If you don't want to get dirty, buy a road bike or play tennis...

Edited by TyronLab

I noticed that too. I actually thought it was an accident . But I pinned it through that puddle covering myself and those around me in mud probably annoying them but I must’ve overtaken about 15 to 20 riders just in that spot. I mentioned mud to someone yesterday and he said excessive mud causes your bike to not ride the same even after a wash and that sometimes a service is needed. I think a lot of mud prob still ably isn’t good for intricate moving parts and bearings. Anyway when I see mud again I’m going through it

Tell that to the clown who was riding his spez(not that I have anything against Spez. I ride one myself) next to me and decided it would be a good idea to jump into a puddle covering me from head to toe in mud!!

Just hope he reads this and realises he was a knob!

then chase him and do it to him also or are a Spez to fast?

This was my first event where there was mud, and I'm struggling to understand what everyone's issue is? It caused major traffic jams on the route as everyone tried to dodge the mud or trundle around it. I actually came to a complete stop a few times just to wait for traffic dawdling past a puddle.

Maybe I don't understand as I come from an MX background, but isn't getting covered in mud part of the fun? I couldn't wait to charge through the puddles and get a bit grimy, and slip and slide through some mud patches. It is a MTB race after all?

I got annoyed with my teammates worrying about the mud, so did a high speed manual past them through one of the puddles and sprayed them on purpose. After that they didn't care about staying clean and everyone had a more relaxed and faster ride as they didn't waddle through the dirty patches anymore.

If you don't want to get dirty, buy a road bike or play tennis...

agree mtb are about getting dirty but also one don't really want to damage your bike with the excess of mud on the route. Look at a picture earlier in the thread and that was from 2017 where it was really bad

then chase him and do it to him also or are a Spez to fast?

Then I would be a knob too! I did pass him though never to be seen again.

• 2 weeks later...

Every single year people complain about crappy races , with rising entry costs only to go do the same bloody race next year

I've said this many times

take your money and go ride some trails at A dedicated park or save up and do a trip

I'm sorry your race was A bad experience but trust me its not going to get better

Not a cool reply. Some parents take their kids out on the 10km ride. These kids are NOT on 29ers nor duals. The grass sections suck them in and make it very difficult to ride. They end up pushing their bikes most of the time. Fit enough to ride the 10km, not walk it.