Epic 254km Triathlon - my own ultra

Fred van Vlaanderen

We did a similar thing but a bit different on a weekend a while back. Robben island swim to the waterfront, ride around the peninsula plus a few fun loops and climbs (I think it was 214km and then run the Devils Peak, Maclears via Platteklip and Lions head finishing back at the waterfront.

In fact, I might try and organise something similar again.

You're a f***ing freak.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We did a similar thing but a bit different on a weekend a while back. Robben island swim to the waterfront, ride around the peninsula plus a few fun loops and climbs (I think it was 214km and then run the Devils Peak, Maclears via Platteklip and Lions head finishing back at the waterfront.

In fact, I might try and organise something similar again.

Sounds amazing. Well done! 

I'm glad you're still gunning for it, nice one.

Me...eish, I'm putting in a bit of running mostly around 50kms a week, I know its not enough but such is life. I'm really nervous I won't lie, but I'm also very very excited. 

Weather will be key, I know the guys at Addo burned in the heat, just chatted to someone who did Outeniqua Quest, also properly melting hot.

Should cool down in the next month though. But yes, weather will be key :)

Don't stress too much about the amount of running. Just enjoy the build up now and don't overcook it in the last month. Better to go in overweight and under trained than with a niggle... 

• 9 months later...