Awkward Question

catherine123

For No.1 go find a bush/restaurant/hotel.

For No.2 it's the same though if you want to avoid No.2 on a ride then wake up earlier have a glass of room-temperature water as you wake up. Then make a cup of coffee or tea or any warm liquid so even just hot water and sit on the loo if you think there is a pending poo in the pipeline. 

The warm liquid in your system along with sitting on the loo will stimulate movement!  

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear OP, I am really sorry it's descended to this when you were just asking a simple question - slow day in the office for some

But what you have learnt is no bunny chows before races, some cyclists might pee in their pants but runners will take it to the next level, get a nice bib with lady openings and finally, everyone has to go at some stage and will happily slow down and look away whilst you bare your bum

LOL, thank you! I was half expecting mayhem but this was very entertaining

No man thats awful.

I have a mate with Crones. He has had to make emergency bush stops during rides. Jokes aside I really feel for the guy.

I have IBS, thats why I asked :) Albeit, at least I know I am not alone!

Eish, you and my Missus both… I can sympathise, really. But it shouldn’t inhibit your riding enjoyment and we are all human at the end of the day. It’s not like we don’t all have to go at some point…

So if ever there was a thread to throw this question out there… I reckon I can do so on here…

So we all know about the issue of needing to go on a ride… And the issue of chafing and uncomfortable nether regions on long rides, hence the various ‘love your bum’ type products on the market…

Lately, especially on 50 plus kilometre rides, I tend to get chaffing on my freaking nipples… I know most people are grinning as they read this but man oh man it is uncomfortable. I can’t be alone in this, surely?

For No.2 it's the same though if you want to avoid No.2 on a ride then wake up earlier have a glass of room-temperature water as you wake up. Then make a cup of coffee or tea or any warm liquid so even just hot water and sit on the loo if you think there is a pending poo in the pipeline. 

The warm liquid in your system along with sitting on the loo will stimulate movement!  

Add a few jumping jacks in the mix and you are "A" for away.

So if ever there was a thread to throw this question out there… I reckon I can do so on here…

So we all know about the issue of needing to go on a ride… And the issue of chafing and uncomfortable nether regions on long rides, hence the various ‘love your bum’ type products on the market…

Lately, especially on 50 plus kilometre rides, I tend to get chaffing on my freaking nipples… I know most people are grinning as they read this but man oh man it is uncomfortable. I can’t be alone in this, surely?

I have lost a bit of weight in the last year, so my old jerseys are all flapping in the wind. This is really not nice on my nipples. But for now I only use the new tight fitting jerseys for the longer rides, keeping my bigger ones for short rides or MTB.

gogirl-female-urination-device-antimicro

Stand and do it like a man...

This thing seems like it is not worth the effort. Just imagine:

"Hey, guys. We need a pit stop." 

*Gets off bike. Digs around in jersey for thingy. Drops shorts to somehow position it properly (hopefully somewhere hidden).*

*Proceeds to pee.*

*Throws the silicone thingy on the ground* (sies)

Squatting seems much easier, and 100% more environment friendly. 

Nipple rash.. common problem with runners of both sexes. Go ask on the cyclists with a running problem thread.

Or you could just try cover them with a plaster or Vaseline.... be aware Vaseline works well but will stain your shirt eventually. If the thought of plasters and a hairy chest worry you... shave AROUND them just like your legs....

this ..

post-85316-0-57937200-1543234144_thumb.jpg

Nipple rash.. common problem with runners of both sexes. Go ask on the cyclists with a running problem thread.

Or you could just try cover them with a plaster or Vaseline.... be aware Vaseline works well but will stain your shirt eventually. If the thought of plasters and a hairy chest worry you... shave AROUND them just like your legs....

I've tried the plaster thing actually... it works but I always felt conscious about it. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one!

Try a 5 km ride or run, that should do the trick.  :ph34r:

I have IBS, thats why I asked :) Albeit, at least I know I am not alone!

The simple rules of etiquette apply... move to the backside of the bunch and fart... :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Doing this in the front/middle of the bunch will inevitably lead to some commentary... but being downwind usually gets a freebie from complaints - this is btw the same place you need to be to blow a snotrocket.... (this is for the terminally poorly mannered who believe that the middle of the bunch is acceptable)

The simple rules of etiquette apply... move to the backside of the bunch and fart... :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Doing this in the front/middle of the bunch will inevitably lead to some commentary... but being downwind usually gets a freebie from complaints - this is btw the same place you need to be to blow a snotrocket.... (this is for the terminally poorly mannered who believe that the middle of the bunch is acceptable)

While this is good advice... I'm not sure advising someone with IBS to fart is a good idea... It could lead to other things happening... :blush: