Cyclocross

nathrix

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it that MVDP is leading the UCI cyclocross ranking by 2360 to Toon Aerts' 2294 when he's won everything in living memory (ok, just about)

I'm curious. Bored and curious...

How is it that MVDP is leading the UCI cyclocross ranking by 2360 to Toon Aerts' 2294 when he's won everything in living memory (ok, just about)

TA has done more races than MVDP

The total point allocation on UCI's website is manually typed in. If you add all the points for the individual events, it looks like MvDP is ahead with +-2800 points. I think the website is just a bit outdated.

Didn't he miss a lot of races when he was riding the spring classics and MTB?

• 2 weeks later...

news just in is that Denise 'the beast' Betsema is to race again this weekend, she was given a 6 months suspension ..

https://www.cxmagazine.com/denise-betsema-race-2020-zonnebeke-6-month-steroid-suspension-uci

update:

I see this has caused quite a reaction on the tweeter, with the likes of Katy Chompton and Geoff Kabuska frothing at the mouth,...and using language they normally don't. And then there is righteous and random lynch mob letting forth as well.

As a fan, I will be happy to see her back racing, I want to believe it was some mistake or accident. Apparently held a press conference today to tell all, trying to find it.

update:

I see this has caused quite a reaction on the tweeter, with the likes of Katy Chompton and Geoff Kabuska frothing at the mouth,...and using language they normally don't. And then there is righteous and random lynch mob letting forth as well.

As a fan, I will be happy to see her back racing, I want to believe it was some mistake or accident. Apparently held a press conference today to tell all, trying to find it.

'the Impey defence' as GrootLem calls it [emoji41]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I watched the Cyclo-cross World Cup this afternoon, well done Wout!

Just a question to the experts, I hardly ever see them using the drop bars, why would cycloc-cross bikes have drop bars then?

I watched the Cyclo-cross World Cup this afternoon, well done Wout!

Just a question to the experts, I hardly ever see them using the drop bars, why would cycloc-cross bikes have drop bars then?

Rules.... 

They do use them though when the course is dry and they get to ride a bit more.

But ja, mostly rules. They measure the tires while in the start chute/pits too. 33c or 33mm with a vernier at widest point including knobs.

It is an awesome sport. I know I definitely used my drops when I raced on the super punchy climbs and the descents if they were rideable

Rules....

They do use them though when the course is dry and they get to ride a bit more.

But ja, mostly rules. They measure the tires while in the start chute/pits too. 33c or 33mm with a vernier at widest point including knobs.

It is an awesome sport. I know I definitely used my drops when I raced on the super punchy climbs and the descents if they were rideable

Quite a few races end in sprint finishes too!

World Champs this weekend. Gonna be a huge Wout versus Mattheiu battle. Pidcock as an outsider.

Beer and frites are being procured :-)