Cyclocross

nathrix

Sprint start as well...

Also a convenient way to lock the front wheel and fork when running with the bike on your shoulder, by hooking the drop with your arm 

Should be an epic race on the weekend.  Hoping young Pidcock to give a shock upset !!

Edited by shaper

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sprint start as well...

Also a convenient way to lock the front wheel and fork when running with the bike on your shoulder, by hooking the drop with your arm

Should be an epic race on the weekend. Hoping your young Pidcock to give a shock upset !!

I can't wait. One hour of chaos!

I was at the 2019 World Champs in Bogense and it is exactly as intense as it looks. Crowds 10 deep on the course with beer and oompah music flowing freely. Stacks of new bikes releases on display and free **** aplenty. What a day.

Yes its been a great cross season despite the challenges, Worlds is going to be really good.

Hard to see beyond MvdP  and Woutkop for the men's elite, maybe Tom for the podium,  but the ladies.... bit more open, i suspect its going to be a bun fight between Brand and Alvarado, although really Brand has been 'on fire' all season, winning the World Cup and leading all the other competitions. She always seems to come through mid race and challenging for the lead, often irrevocably, She is such a strong runner and that might be a factor on the beach, and the best sprinter for the line.

Although Betsema practically lives on the beach so she might be the one to watch. She is such a powerhouse on the pedals, high cadence and great skills all around on all terrain, but often goes out too early, some times it does stick though, but she needs to gap Brand and Carmen, she is not going to beat them in a sprint.  I hope she brings it home.

Edited by kosmonooit

Sprint start as well...

Should be an epic race on the weekend.  Hoping your young Pidcock to give a shock upset !!

Unfortunately with MvP en WvA there best Pidcock can hope for is a podium.  The two of them is simply head & shoulders above the rest.

Going to be a great race!  Wout for Goud all the way ...  :D

Edited by TheoG

Unfortunately with MvP en WvA there best Pidcock can hope for is a podium.  The two of them is simply head & shoulders above the rest.

Going to be a great race!  Wout for Goud all the way ...  :D

If it's wet and sludgy, WvA is definitely the favourite. If it's dry and 100% rideable, MvdP would be the one to back with TA getting up onto the podium.

WvA runs and transitions better than anyone else. In the dry he tends to get gapped by MvdP and has to burn matches playing catch up, especially if Toon goes early and MvdP has to chase him.

So if you are a WvA fan, hope for a sludgy duathlon

Edited by Jewbacca

Goooo MvdP!

Sadly punctures and crashes have decided most of the Wout-MvdP clashes recently. It would be nice to have a fair head to head (in moist but not slushy) conditions.

That would be a cracker!

Pidcock strikes me as one of those riders that knows how to prep for the big day's.

Iserbyt has been a little quiet lately and I'm not sure he'll be in top form after the injuries.

Bring it!

Goooo MvdP!

Sadly punctures and crashes have decided most of the Wout-MvdP clashes recently. It would be nice to have a fair head to head (in moist but not slushy) conditions.

That would be a cracker!

Pidcock strikes me as one of those riders that knows how to prep for the big day's.

Iserbyt has been a little quiet lately and I'm not sure he'll be in top form after the injuries.

Bring it!

Ya think it will be an MvP & WA fight out, if dryer conditions Pidcock should be in the mix and hoping the others get mechanicals.  I expect him to attack early on to see how the other 2 are feeling.

Toon Aerts also been quiet

For the women's, think Brand, Alvarado with either Honsigner or Betsema to make up the podium.

Big field for both men's and women's, so expect plenty crashes https://www.ucicyclocrossworldcup.com/storage/programs/file_participants/15/15.pdf?t=1611064071

I watched the Cyclo-cross World Cup this afternoon, well done Wout!

Just a question to the experts, I hardly ever see them using the drop bars, why would cycloc-cross bikes have drop bars then?

It's also the history of the sport, adaptation of road bikes, long before mtb was a thing, I think most would love fatter tyres though. And often there is a road sprint towards the end, that's when drops come in handy.

Edited by kosmonooit

Ya think it will be an MvP & WA fight out, if dryer conditions Pidcock should be in the mix and hoping the others get mechanicals.  I expect him to attack early on to see how the other 2 are feeling.

Toon Aerts also been quiet

Tom can handle the mud and sand well, excellent bike handler. Just missing the long legs.

Toon hasn't really featured this season but lets see, he had a car accident recently but is okay now.

And Isi had a injury recently as well, I don't think he was racing this last weekend though.

Goooo MvdP!

always spice between them at worlds

20yr old mvdp too fast

(mvdp puts a foot into wva wheel, can't chase back

'17 -

(4 punctures for mvdp)

(wva just rides away from the favourite)

mvdp attacks and only wva can follow, (for a bit)

mvdp dominates, pidcock beats team waffle alone Edited by Shebeen

Goooo MvdP!

That would be a cracker!

Bring it!

In such a short and intense race, the smallest mechanical or duffed bike-change can make the biggest difference.

Iserbyt (Euro champ) is always a good bet, but he's tiny - I wonder if that makes a difference some some conditions they face?

It'll be hard to look past someone wearing orange in the women's race to take 1st. or even 1-3...

2015 https://youtu.be/ac96HBqDM_A 20yr old mvdp too fast

16 https://youtu.be/1UPKtqh8zHQ (mvdp puts a foot into wva wheel, can't chase back

'17 - https://youtu.be/KLWEJjEkn04 (4 punctures for mvdp)

18 https://youtu.be/9KIYuq1-Rsc (wva just rides away from the favourite)

19 https://youtu.be/nGdemIWbpk8 mvdp attacks and only wva can follow, (for a bit)

20 https://youtu.be/nGdemIWbpk8 mvdp dominates, pidcock beats team waffle alone

I owe you a beer or 3. Awesome links! Thank you!

I owe you a beer or 3. Awesome links! Thank you!

Thanks to ramping up my homebrew schedule prior to christmas i am good for beer currently.

I'll take some decent frites, though.

Thanks to ramping up my homebrew schedule prior to christmas i am good for beer currently.

I'll take some decent frites, though.

Frites are a problem here too - I will have to make do with good old chips. Or my current favourite - sweet potato wedges.

I did find this little gem a few months ago and they are my beer of choice for special occasions: https://bikebrewing.com/

The owner is an ex actuary and is completely over the top when it comes to data and control of his brewing. He has some pear-honey mead planned for next month which I'm dying to try....

snip

Flipping rad, thanks, although I think 2020 link is a duplicate of 2019. 

2020:

Edited by NickGM

Frites are a problem here too - I will have to make do with good old chips. Or my current favourite - sweet potato wedges.

I did find this little gem a few months ago and they are my beer of choice for special occasions: https://bikebrewing.com/

The owner is an ex actuary and is completely over the top when it comes to data and control of his brewing. He has some pear-honey mead planned for next month which I'm dying to try....

Seeming we are a bit off topic, I been meaning to ask. What is that coating you are putting on the bikes that I see on your Instagram feed? Looks very interesting and you seem to be doing a lot of it of late.