Munga 2018 Race news

The Munga

Of all the chasers that I saw just before Loxton I thought Marco looked the worst for wear. Ominously RB looked the best with HV next best.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That picture does not actually show but it's a steep down to the lodge and a crap little climb back to the route.

after this stop its lots and lots of gates again and then a monster uphill that you have to push up,then you are into Tankwa.

Ramses have about 150 km to go with about 50 km lead on Heinrich. 

Barring some sort of incident (or going for a nice sleep) Ramses has a good buffer. 

Edited by IH8MUD

Ramses have about 150 km to go with about 50 km lead on Heinrich. 

Barring some sort of incident (or going for a BIG sleep) Ramses has a good buffer.

Saw he's at 923km just now so thougt he had t 77km left. Is the route more than 1000km for you to say double that?

Based on his pace till now, he should be able to get to the finish before noon, ie a 48h ride??

Saw he's at 923km just now so thougt he had t 77km left. Is the route more than 1000km for you to say double that?

Based on his pace till now, he should be able to get to the finish before noon, ie a 48h ride??

Tracking page show finish distance at 1075 km. 

If he can manage an average of 26km/h till the end ( now after 920 km) then he might just do sub 48 hours. 

It will be super human. 

I'm so hoping for that that. 

Edited by IH8MUD

Yes the finish is a bit closer than last year.so it's a bit shorter.

you don't have to go through The town

Total distance the same as last year though, give or take one or two km's. Further up it looked like there was a new "offroad" section to make up the lost km's.

Marco Martins has scratched at RV4. Sick.

Spoke to some guys this morning who had a chat to him in Bloem. Apparently raced a lot more this year and also rode the 24hr in Scotland where the weather was miserable and he got a bit sick. Must have all caught up with him. Last year his focus was on Munga for 6 months.