Munga 2018 Race news

The Munga

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Benky posted on FB that this year was his toughest Munga yet.

It seems the roads are corrugation heaven.

eina my Gat brand sommer.

1. Ramses Bekenk

2. Heinrich Visser

3. Chris van Zyl

4. Kevin Benkenstein

5. Deon Guy

6. Fanie Venter

7. Thinus Redelinghuys

8. Massimo Mancini

9. Sthembiso Masango

10. Jason Peach

Time to think of one of my heroes from 2017. Karina Britz got to Sutherland with absolutely zero chance of finishing within the cut off time. But she continued riding all the way to Tankwa where she had 120km left and 3hours to cut off that's where she called it a day. Her average riding speed was 10.9kph this year she's back and nailing it with an average riding speed of 14.7kph and looking like a comfortable finisher. Kudos!

Edited by River Rat

Time to think of one of my heroes from 2017. Karina Britz got to Sutherland with absolutely zero chance of finishing within the cut off time. But she continued riding all the way to Tankwa where she had 120km left and 3hours to cut off that's where she called it a day. Her average riding speed was 10.9kph this year she's back and nailing it with an average riding speed of 14.7kph and looking like a comfortable finisher. Kudos!

Goooooo Karina!!!!!

1. Ramses Bekenk

2. Heinrich Visser

3. Chris van Zyl

4. Kevin Benkenstein

5. Deon Guy

6. Fanie Venter

7. Thinus Redelinghuys

8. Massimo Mancini

9. Sthembiso Masango

10. Jason Peach

Thank you

SW way off route. Can someone PLEASE phone him... if there is cell coverage.

Faark. You can see where he took the wrong turn.

SW way off route. Can someone PLEASE phone him... if there is cell coverage.

That's outside assistance, want to get an oke disqualified?

Anyway he got to a T-junction, probably looked at his GPS, vloeked, turned back, and vloeked some more

Is development rider the same as BEE? Call it as you may but i don't see the point! It only divides as to amalgamate. I cannot lie it disappoints me. I wish EVERY rider the same luck. Maybe one day i will have a dream.

I guess you will have to see where the guy comes from before you can decide whether he is a development participant or not. The facts are that more disadvantaged people happen to be black as opposed to white. So if your dream is that we should no longer have a category for disadvantaged people because there are none I am with you. But unfortunately thanks to our history we have an unequal society where if you're black you are more likely than not to be disadvantaged. However you might have a point that by winning this race category gives you a leg up and the disadvantage is erased.

I guess you will have to see where the guy comes from before you can decide whether he is a development participant or not. The facts are that more disadvantaged people happen to be black as opposed to white. So if your dream is that we should no longer have a category for disadvantaged people because there are none I am with you. But unfortunately thanks to our history we have an unequal society where if you're black you are more likely than not to be disadvantaged. However you might have a point that by winning this race category gives you a leg up and the disadvantage is erased.

I'd rather they have it than not.

The inaugural munga in 2015 was won by a development rider.