Status of cannabis oil with CSA / TSA / UCI

MTBc

Hi. wondering what the status of CBD oil (THC free) is with bodies such as tsa, csa, uci, etc - would someone using it stand a risk of being disqualified for use in sanctioned events?

asking for a friend.

CANNABIS

Category: PROHIBITED in-competition only
Last Upated: Sun, 13 May 2018
Information
Prohibited substance: CANNABIS - refer to section S8 (Cannabinoids) of the WADA 2018 Prohibited List.

Go check anything you want here: https://www.drugfreesport.org.za/online-medication-check/

Super easy, which kind of makes you giggle at the "I didnt know"

Hi. wondering what the status of CBD oil (THC free) is with bodies such as tsa, csa, uci, etc - would someone using it stand a risk of being disqualified for use in sanctioned events?

asking for a friend.

After a quick google (really, it is that easy) you get this

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/content/what-is-prohibited/prohibited-in-competition/cannabinoids

https://www.usada.org/2018-prohibited-list-summary-of-major-changes/

Cannabidiol Removed from the List

Starting in 2018, cannabidiol (i.e. CBD oil) is no longer prohibited under the S8 Cannabinoids category. Synthetic cannabidiol is not a cannabimimetic; however, cannabidiol extracted from cannabis plants may contain varying concentrations of THC, which remains a prohibited substance.

Synthetic cannabinoids, e.g. Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other cannabimimetics, continue to be prohibited.

Edited by Cptmayhem

CANNABINOIDS • The category Cannabimimetics, e.g. “Spice, JWH-018, JWH-073, HU210” was changed to “synthetic cannabinoids, e.g. Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other cannabimimetics”. The synthetic cannabinoids are one of the main classes of novel psychoactive substances that have constantly emerging new drugs and changing availability. The previous list of examples continues to be prohibited, but are currently used less commonly. “Other cannabimimetics” replaced these examples. •

Cannabidiol is no longer prohibited. Synthetic cannabidiol is not a cannabimimetic; however, cannabidiol extracted from cannabis plants may also contain varying concentrations of THC, which remains a prohibited substance.

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/prohibited_list_2018_summary_of_modifications_en.pdf

Edited by fanievb

In competition?  Does that mean "one" could consume weed prior to a race or would someone be disqualified for having traces in your system?

I cannot see weed, oil etc enhancing performance - making it feel fast while you go slow maybe

Pretty sure the friend I'm asking for isn't going to be tested unless the officials like waiting around long after KE comes in

In competition means 24 hrs prior to official start of race as well as during obviously. have never been able to find out if that is when you cant take or if cant be in your system.

In competition?  Does that mean "one" could consume weed prior to a race or would someone be disqualified for having traces in your system?

I cannot see weed, oil etc enhancing performance - making it feel fast while you go slow maybe

Pretty sure the friend I'm asking for isn't going to be tested unless the officials like waiting around long after KE comes in

It can, and it does. Recovery, risk taking, relaxation etc. THC is a banned performance enhancing drug. 

It can, and it does. Recovery, risk taking, relaxation etc. THC is a banned performance enhancing drug. 

Odd one that, but alcohol is ok for recovery and relaxation etc.  In field tests suggests marjuana is not performance enhancing, quite the opposite and probably not worth trying -  but my friend is not published, nor a scientist so he can only speak from experience 

I use CBD for side effects of a medication that I use. Luckily I'm not a podium threat.

Edit. I have disclosed this to my employer.

Edited by Duane_Bosch