Status of cannabis oil with CSA / TSA / UCI

MTBc

• 2 months later...

I use CBD for side effects of a medication that I use. Luckily I'm not a podium threat.

Edit. I have disclosed this to my employer.

Not racing at all, but CBD has a fee positives going for it. I think one main thing is that it helps me with (to some extent) is with pain management.

It is either CBD Oil or Tramadol

Also had to disclose to the company that I am using it because I am not high on the 10% CBD, but Tramadol makes me high.

Are CBD oils manufactured and supplied within a medical council type of framework though? 

If not it can't be verified against the medication check app. Which is something I'd be very careful of if a competing athlete. As it is I already check any meds against the app. 

On a side note I see Australia also has an app listing supplements.

remember, there are differences between cannabis and CBD oil...

remember, there are differences between cannabis and CBD oil...

That might be so, but you will still fail your drug test.

That might be so, but you will still fail your drug test.

Depends who is testing :-)  https://www.wada-ama.org/en/content/what-is-prohibited/prohibited-in-competition/cannabinoids   Cannabidiol is listed as an exception...  (click on S8, Cannabinoids for definition)

I don't think WADA have the final say on banned substances for cycling?  I think UCI can make their own amendments?

All that said, I agree.  Don't use it in a race...  Not if you are at the pointy end of the field and don't want to get into hot water...

Edited by Dubber

Depends who is testing :-)  https://www.wada-ama.org/en/content/what-is-prohibited/prohibited-in-competition/cannabinoids   Cannabidiol is listed as an exception...  (click on S8, Cannabinoids for definition)

I don't think WADA have the final say on banned substances for cycling?  I think UCI can make their own amendments?

All that said, I agree.  Don't use it in a race...  Not if you are at the pointy end of the field and don't want to get into hot water...

Easier to stay out of trouble than to get out of trouble.

If there is barely a hint that you might test positive for something, Hubland will hang, draw and quarter you. 

Easier to stay out of trouble than to get out of trouble.

If there is barely a hint that you might test positive for something, Hubland will hang, draw and quarter you.

Even if you're 153rd at Epic #genade

Not racing at all, but CBD has a fee positives going for it. I think one main thing is that it helps me with (to some extent) is with pain management.

It is either CBD Oil or Tramadol

Also had to disclose to the company that I am using it because I am not high on the 10% CBD, but Tramadol makes me high.

If tramadol makes you high, steer well clear of stilpane. That'll kill you

• 1 month later...

Are CBD oils manufactured and supplied within a medical council type of framework though?

It depends on where you get it. I got mine at a medical dispensary.

I do not trust the people that sell the black gu that you get in a syringe. I tried it and must say you can never a constant dose.

The medical stuff (1000mg) is constant. You get the same feeling with the same dose, the black stuff can screw you big time.

Another problem is you do not know where it has been cultivated as it can be sprayed with pesticides. And another problem, you are not 100% sure if it is CBD or THC and you do not know the % of THC in your oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro