The Veganism Thread

Odinson

So how do you get meat eaters to "buy" the concept of eating less meat if the concept of "selling" it to them seems unlikely/impossible?

Price? 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still battling with the binary approach to this thread.

Eating less meat is good for the environment, good for your health (in general), good for your wallet and it means less animals have to be raised just to be slaughtered.

Surely it is the right thing to do?

There is a massive difference in advocating a reduction in meat consumption and telling someone they are immoral if they consume any meat.

The first might actually make a meaningful difference. The second is just nasty vegan propoganda that wont change a single persons mindset.

BTW Im all for reduced meat consumption.

There is a massive difference in advocating a reduction in meat consumption and telling someone they are immoral if they consume any meat.

The first might actually make a meaningful difference. The second is just nasty vegan propoganda that wont change a single persons mindset.

Agreed...but...morals are subjective so in Odis opinion we are immoral.

What would you think of someone who killed and ate their pets? Or went to the SPCA and collected a bunch of animals for a sunday roast? Would they be immoral in your opinion?

The Faroese dolphin slaughter? Chinese dog festival? Japanese whaling?

We each have our own moral code.

That's good to hear. Everyone I know includes meat with their dinner every single night of the week. It's really sickening if you think about it, can't people just go without meat for only one day of the week. It's only one day, but unfortunately that's to much to ask.

That's good to hear. Everyone I know includes meat with their dinner every single night of the week. It's really sickening if you think about it, can't people just go without meat for only one day of the week. It's only one day, but unfortunately that's to much to ask.

Tell you what, each day that you don’t post on this thread. I’ll remove meat from one of my meals.

#MakeADifference

Some rice cakes I made for when I go ride,it has sesame seeds and a little bit of sugar in.

OK Patch it's sort of a deal I think.

post-130759-0-38416600-1572545098_thumb.jpg

Hold on.... is this Lewis' new shop?

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Well, his and all the other investors I suppose.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Well, his and all the other investors I suppose.

Ag fokman, why cant it just be straight forward. Even if the food is nice, it is going to leave a *** taste in the mouth.

Agreed...but...morals are subjective so in Odis opinion we are immoral.

What would you think of someone who killed and ate their pets? Or went to the SPCA and collected a bunch of animals for a sunday roast? Would they be immoral in your opinion?

The Faroese dolphin slaughter? Chinese dog festival? Japanese whaling?

We each have our own moral code.

Why the need to always go to the extreme to prove a point? Who goes to the SPCA to collect dogs for a Sunday roast, absolutely no one. Would you eat rice if it was planted by a starving 4 year old girl on a slave farm somewhere in China?

Do I agree with cultural animal abuse (dog festivals, dolphin slaughter etc) no, because if you know the true meaning of immortality you would know that its not an accepted standard in my culture thus its immoral. Is it an accepted standard to farm animals for consumption, yes, so not immoral.

Next someone will ask why I don’t eat my dog, its meat after all. Well hell, why don’t you eat your lawn, its plant based after all. Silly right.

Ag fokman, why cant it just be straight forward. Even if the food is nice, it is going to leave a *** taste in the mouth.

Shhh! You’ll feel like a champ afterwards!

Next someone will ask why I don’t eat my dog, its meat after all. Well hell, why don’t you eat your lawn, its plant based after all. Silly right.

‘Cause it shows the inherent contradiction and hypocrisy of meat eater logic. “Kick my dog and I’ll moer you!” “Mmm, steak!”

‘Cause it shows the inherent contradiction and hypocrisy of meat eater logic. “Kick my dog and I’ll moer you!” “Mmm, steak!”

My dog loves steak as well.

Ah c'mon, I don't go round kicking cows and hurting them for the fun of it either. There is a big difference between animal abuse and killing them for consumption. So that argument does not hold water at all, and anyone making it knows that and is likely doing it for the reaction.

I won't eat dog, but in Asia they do - I don't really see the issue. The issue there is the abuse they put them through (skinning and boiling whilst alive for example) - I would have the same issue if someone was doing that with a cow. And I am aware that happens at some slaughter houses - so that's why I am selective about where I buy meat.

So in short, I'd be as pissed off at someone moering a cow as my dog.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Why the need to always go to the extreme to prove a point? Who goes to the SPCA to collect dogs for a Sunday roast, absolutely no one. Would you eat rice if it was planted by a starving 4 year old girl on a slave farm somewhere in China?

Do I agree with cultural animal abuse (dog festivals, dolphin slaughter etc) no, because if you know the true meaning of immortality you would know that its not an accepted standard in my culture thus its immoral. Is it an accepted standard to farm animals for consumption, yes, so not immoral.

Please provide some proof of the "real meaning of morality" currently all the major dictionaries disagree with you. It can be a single person who decides their their morality.

How about battery chickens, industrial meat farms, raising an animal just to put a bolt through it's head, cows raised in europe who only see the sun 5 months of the year? Are these the actions of moral people or do you just want everyone to accept your morals as right and Odinsons as wrong?

No. I’m not talking about his trial. I’m talking about the morality of his actions. Not legality.

Morality, which stems from the 10 commandments? Which is the supposed foundation of religion?

To be honest this is starting to sound very much like another religion, based on morals you subscribe to.