The Veganism Thread

Odinson

Please provide some proof of the "real meaning of morality" currently all the major dictionaries disagree with you. It can be a single person who decides their their morality.

How about battery chickens, industrial meat farms, raising an animal just to put a bolt through it's head, cows raised in europe who only see the sun 5 months of the year? Are these the actions of moral people or do you just want everyone to accept your morals as right and Odinsons as wrong?

Accepted standards determined by who? Vegans or meat eaters? In the vegan community eating meat is obviously accepted as being immoral, that's the standard you conform to. On the other side of the fence its not. Morals is not a pre determined set of rules that can be blanket applied to everyone.

post-734-0-07227400-1572577014_thumb.jpg

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread name should be changed to “Veganism or die”. Because as far as I can see from the purists there is no path or acceptance to absolutely anything else. You either Vegan or you are spending your life 24/7 kicking dogs, burning plastic and tossing oil into the oceans.

Ah c'mon, I don't go round kicking cows and hurting them for the fun of it either. There is a big difference between animal abuse and killing them for consumption. So that argument does not hold water at all, and anyone making it knows that and is likely doing it for the reaction.

I won't eat dog, but in Asia they do - I don't really see the issue. The issue there is the abuse they put them through (skinning and boiling whilst alive for example) - I would have the same issue if someone was doing that with a cow. And I am aware that happens at some slaughter houses - so that's why I am selective about where I buy meat.

So in short, I'd be as pissed off at someone moering a cow as my dog.

Is bringing an animal into this world just so it can have its neck slit in a few weeks’ or months’ time not animal abuse? A cow can live up to 15-20 years, but dairy cows rarely make it past 6, because their bodies give in from forced pregnancy after forced pregnancy. Chickens have been selectively bread to reach slaughter weight in a few weeks time, growing so quickly that their legs can barely support their body weight and they suffer from ammonia burns from living their entire lives in their own excrement. The examples are endless. This is abuse. It is exploitation.

We have no right to do this to these animals. We do it simply because we can. And I don’t think it’s necessary for me to explain as to why ‘Might is Right’ is a morally bankrupt position.

I had to google that. Just because I have no kids doesn't mean I am rich. 80 americans for a cup google says. Must taste awfully good.

Its actually really horrible. 

It's called farming. Being going on since before time. Same thing they do to your little tasty veggies.

No. It’s not. Is a vegetable a living, sentient being? Just because something has being going on for a long time doesn’t make it right. And FYI our transition to an agricultural society occurred about 10,000 years ago and intensive farming only came about in the past 200 years. Not quite “before time”.

I know it’s Friday, but don’t be facetious just to say something.

It's called farming. Being going on since before time. Same thing they do to your little tasty veggies.

Honest question, what vegan friendly fertilizers are used on commercial farms? Most commercial fertilizers contain animal by products, bone, manure etc etc

Today is World Vegan Day and November is World Vegan Month.

No its No Nut November apparently. Meaning no ????️???? Edited by Josh_the. Man

Accepted standards determined by who? Vegans or meat eaters? In the vegan community eating meat is obviously accepted as being immoral, that's the standard you conform to. On the other side of the fence its not. Morals is not a pre determined set of rules that can be blanket applied to everyone.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. Morals are subjective - you think dog festivals are immoral and vegans think you eating meat is immoral and yet you call being labelled immoral for eating meat as vegan propaganda.

Does that make you calling dog festivals immoral "non dog eating propaganda?".

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. Morals are subjective - you think dog festivals are immoral and vegans think you eating meat is immoral and yet you call being labelled immoral for eating meat as vegan propaganda.

Does that make you calling dog festivals immoral "non dog eating propaganda?".

Well that is for a dog eater to decide.