The Veganism Thread

Odinson

60% to livestock and 40% to biofuels. Basic math will tell you that there is nothing left for humans to consume, thats why we eat meat. Trust me, I had Encarta.

Yoh, this post belongs on the Do you Remember thread....

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Know your audience. Dale has done more for that cause than you will ever know.

Wow!

Let’s be glad that the anti-Apartheid activists, Civil Rights Movement, the Suffragettes, etc. didn’t share this opinion. ✌

Why was there so many tears about Odinson's statement?

I agree with him, it should be debated (he might be a bit too aggressive 97% of the time) even though it looks like its going nowhere.

Why was there so many tears about Odinson's statement?

I agree with him, it should be debated (he might be a bit too aggressive 97% of the time) even though it looks like its going nowhere.

Because of who it was aimed at. Not tears, but anger and disbelief as well as a very nice window into his MO. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Watched the game changers, must say it’s a little disappointing.

The introduction of arguments few people are making. Eg: “Our energy comes from meat” then when you go on to disprove this claim that few people make, you are somehow right.

“Planted based protein is inferior to meat based protein” again a claim that few people make these days.

The look at your plasma from day 1 and look at your plasma from day 2....

Then the dude doing his rope flicks and went from 8mins pb to 61mins pb, only because of a diet change? Come let’s get real.

Comparing human digestive track to that of a lions... again who says we are carnivores.

The MO seemed to be one of an infomercial.

But besides that, it’s probably a good movie to raise awareness and get more people to eat less meat which is a good thing.

Edited by Patchelicious

There were some things I didn't like too. Some of the stuff was a bit dumb and I would of liked the movie to be more scientific...

I did the 94.7 mtb today (55km). Got seeded in the 18th bath. I never had a more k#@ race in my life. I started to cramp just after 20 km. I do 3-4 hour distance ride every week and feel perfectly fine. Foods high in magnesium are bananas, whole grain, seeds etc. And I eat those stuff everyday. So if it wasn't low magnesium that made me cramp then what could it be?

There were some things I didn't like too. Some of the stuff was a bit dumb and I would of liked the movie to be more scientific...

I did the 94.7 mtb today (55km). Got seeded in the 18th bath. I never had a more k#@ race in my life. I started to cramp just after 20 km. I do 3-4 hour distance ride every week and feel perfectly fine. Foods high in magnesium are bananas, whole grain, seeds etc. And I eat those stuff everyday. So if it wasn't low magnesium that made me cramp then what could it be?

Perhaps it has something to do with swimming? :whistling:  ;)

Watched the game changers, must say it’s a little disappointing.

The introduction of arguments few people are making. Eg: “Our energy comes from meat” then when you go on to disprove this claim that few people make, you are somehow right.

“Planted based protein is inferior to meat based protein” again a claim that few people make these days.

The look at your plasma from day 1 and look at your plasma from day 2....

Then the dude doing his rope flicks and went from 8mins pb to 61mins pb, only because of a diet change? Come let’s get real.

Comparing human digestive track to that of a lions... again who says we are carnivores.

The MO seemed to be one of an infomercial.

But besides that, it’s probably a good movie to raise awareness and get more people to eat less meat which is a good thing.

Yip, it has a sensational focus. 

Some major stakeholders in the plant-based community made the movie possible.

It is generating tons of interest, curiosity, debate and, above all else, shaking up the consciousness of the mainstream a little bit.

60% of all our crops goes to animals. And I regurgitate my facts?!?

And just think how much water is used for all those crops.

Do some reading on just the fundamentals, and you'll understand.

The majority of crops grown for animal feed are not fit for human consumption. Nevermind the fact that animal manure is essential to maintaining soil quality in production farming. No animals? You'll get 2, maybe 3 seasons of crops from land before it's buggered. Unless you plan to use chemical fertilisers to sustain it? Oh, no, can't do that, it's not 'organic' lol. What about the vast areas of the world where crops cannot be grown due to water availability, soil quality or altitude? You going to send them all their food or just let them starve? 

then what could it be?

Don’t know if its necessary to state the obvious, but lets try. You changed you diet on a whim, based on false vegan propaganda. Your body is telling you something. What happened to the supposed massive plant based gains?

Don’t know if its necessary to state the obvious, but lets try. You changed you diet on a whim, based on false vegan propaganda. Your body is telling you something. What happened to the supposed massive plant based gains?

Well, if the Game Changers is to be believed, riding with a massive erection can really affect cadence and aerodynamic positioning.

(Under no circumstances is that impugning Josh as a team-mate. I mean it literally.)

Edited by Thor Buttox

You can lose weight easily on a plant based diet if you don't eat right. I've actually gained 1.5kg in a month

Tried the Simply Asia tofu in a chillie paste stir fry last night, got to say I'm still not a fan, have managed to get tasty tofu once or twice travelling in China but it really is hit and miss for me.  After living off sheep in Namaqualand for a week made a nice change to have veggies though  :)

post-41145-0-62357000-1573468773_thumb.jpg

Well, if the Game Changers is to be believed, riding with a massive erection can really affect cadence and aerodynamic positioning.

(Under no circumstances is that impugning Josh as a team-mate. I mean it literally.)

I'm not doubting my diet, I'm just asking from a cyclist point of view what can cause cramps.. Like I said, 55km is easy for me as I ride a 3-4 hr distance ride every week.

I'm not doubting my diet, I'm just asking from a cyclist point of view what can cause cramps.. Like I said, 55km is easy for me as I ride a 3-4 hr distance ride every week.

Why not? What if it was the causation of your cramps?