Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys. Sorry for being down, but had an littl setback.

Of the resection sites had started leaking they had to do a emergency operation last might. Started with vomiting Tuesday night that continued until Wednesday morning.

Got my 3rd emergency NGO tube and after vomiting 1.5l they drew out another 1.2L from my stomach.

Dr had to create a temp ileostomy to relieve the pressure on the sites so not to cause another problem. So morphine sucks to be on sill you are in need of is.

Thanks again for your support guys and girls

Cois, can we come visit you?

Moral support is so often overlooked. When you see someone else in your corner you tend to give it another proper go.

Would you like us to come through and bring some of the things you might be lacking/missing?

Agreed, when I was in hospital, I loved that so many people came to see me afternoons and evenings. I will always cherish that. 

Hi Guys. Sorry for being down, but had an littl setback.

Of the resection sites had started leaking they had to do a emergency operation last might. Started with vomiting Tuesday night that continued until Wednesday morning.

Got my 3rd emergency NGO tube and after vomiting 1.5l they drew out another 1.2L from my stomach.

Dr had to create a temp ileostomy to relieve the pressure on the sites so not to cause another problem. So morphine sucks to be on sill you are in need of is.

Thanks again for your support guys and girls

Sorry to hear of this setback.

Hoping things improve and the pain lessens.

You remain in my thoughts and prayers Cois, keeping fighting. I've got a little sticker on my laptop that was placed there some years ago when a friends daughter was fighting to survive from a large brain tumour (which she did and is a wonderful healthy young girl now). It says

"All will be well in the end, if all is not well, then it's not the end"

Be blessed brother.

Hi Blokes. You are more than welcome to come and visit. Kloof hospital, High care unit, 2nd floor. They are very lenient on visiting hours. Sorry, posting on behalf of Francois (his wife). Thanks for all the well wishes.

Awesome to have an update thank you ???? hugs from afar for both of you.

Glad to hear that he's doing better 

Hi Blokes. You are more than welcome to come and visit. Kloof hospital, High care unit, 2nd floor. They are very lenient on visiting hours. Sorry, posting on behalf of Francois (his wife). Thanks for all the well wishes.

At last. Out of High Care!

I am now in the surgical ward, room 7, SG 19

Glad to hear you are out of high care. Get strong, and may the favour of the Lord over you. 

May Yahweh bless you and protect you; Ps 121:4,7; 128:5; 134:3
25may Yahweh make His face shine on you
and be gracious to you; Ps 67:1; 80:3; 89:15; 119:135
26may Yahweh look with favor on you Lit Lord lift His face to you
and give you peace.

Fantastic news, what's the next steps now? Now that the tumor has been removed can the chemo resume and get you clear completely? 

At last. Out of High Care!
I am now in the surgical ward, room 7, SG 19

Fantastic news, what's the next steps now? Now that the tumor has been removed can the chemo resume and get you clear completely?

hi Robert.

They surgeon is only now going to close the wound. Wait for it to heal, see if I can get my insides going again, reverse the ileostomy, check the tumor in my liver, remove that, and then start chemo again.

Edited by Cois