Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

How's it going buddy? Keep safe with the Covid-19 out there

Taking a bit of strain at the moment to be honest.

The company decided to change the scope of my work, so doing the work of 3 people. I did injure myself again (where they operated on the liver) when I had to carry 3 24” screens for a kilometer to my car. And they just pile on the work because one guy drank the wrong pills and the other guys just do as they like and I have to go and mop up behind them.

But other than the nagging injury to my right side that does not want to heal, things are going well. Going to Koro Koro this weekend with the folks (the got a free weekend there) so hope to have a restful weekend. Getting to be outside is much better than being inside. Just forgot how bright it can be and how fast sunburn can happen.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How's it going buddy? Keep safe with the Covid-19 out there

Doing well thanks Robert.

Been a hectic week, company I am contracting to had a very busy week with everyone needing notebooks.

The virus is the last thing on my mind at this stage. Not going to let fear get to me.

If this fight with cancer taught me one thing is not to give into fear!

• 4 weeks later...

Went to get my port flushed this morning. The lady at reception asked where I have been all this time and told about the surgeries.

She looked at me, and said I will have to see the oncologist. So had my port flushed. And saw the Oncologist.

He ordered a blood test (will have the results on Friday) and ordered me to phone the surgeon as the cancer is life threatening.

So I have a appointment tomorrow morning with the surgeon. They will have to do a PET scan or a CT to see if the cancer started spreading.

So will know tomorrow what the way forward is

Went to get my port flushed this morning. The lady at reception asked where I have been all this time and told about the surgeries.

She looked at me, and said I will have to see the oncologist. So had my port flushed. And saw the Oncologist.

He ordered a blood test (will have the results on Friday) and ordered me to phone the surgeon as the cancer is life threatening.

So I have a appointment tomorrow morning with the surgeon. They will have to do a PET scan or a CT to see if the cancer started spreading.

So will know tomorrow what the way forward is

I have seen you quite active on the Coronavirus thread so assumed all was much better.

Holding thumbs for Friday.......

I have seen you quite active on the Coronavirus thread so assumed all was much better.

Holding thumbs for Friday.......

Have to keep my mind busy. So have been reading a lot.

And I know the surgeon will keep my best interest in mind. And the more you know on your enemy (cancer and corona) the better.

I have been awake most nights, and all thanks to this virus and my battle. I knew I had to go back for another surgery, but thought it would not be seen as an urgent surgery. But the Oncologist said it was a high priority as cancer could still spread and kill me.

Have to keep my mind busy. So have been reading a lot.

And I know the surgeon will keep my best interest in mind. And the more you know on your enemy (cancer and corona) the better.

I have been awake most nights, and all thanks to this virus and my battle. I knew I had to go back for another surgery, but thought it would not be seen as an urgent surgery. But the Oncologist said it was a high priority as cancer could still spread and kill me

Best to wait on the results. It is easy to let your mind get away from you with all the what if's.

I would avoid any surgery if it is at all possible. But you know that.

I am thinking of you, hopefully just the oncologist being wary.

Best to wait on the results. It is easy to let your mind get away from you with all the what if's.

I would avoid any surgery if it is at all possible. But you know that.

I am thinking of you, hopefully just the oncologist being wary.

Got my blood test results. Fastest ever but might be that they are not doing other tests at the moment.

The results are about the same as my previous test results. CA19-9 is 6 ( was 5) and my CEA is 1 and was 1.

So that is some good news.

Got my blood test results. Fastest ever but might be that they are not doing other tests at the moment.

The results are about the same as my previous test results. CA19-9 is 6 ( was 5) and my CEA is 1 and was 1.

So that is some good news.

That is really great news.

Just came back from the surgeon. I will be admitted on Monday and surgery has been scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.

He is very happy and they found no new tumours. And the lymph nodes were not visible on the CT they shot today, but the Surgeon will check and make sure of the lymph nodes.

But all in all, it is good news.

We just have to get permission for my wife to come and visit. But looking forward to be human again

Just came back from the surgeon. I will be admitted on Monday and surgery has been scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.

He is very happy and they found no new tumours. And the lymph nodes were not visible on the CT they shot today, but the Surgeon will check and make sure of the lymph nodes.

We just have to get permission for my wife to come and visit. But looking forward to be human again

Great news Cois, all the best - hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel  :thumbup:

Great news, keep the fight going and stay strong

The operation has been cancelled. There is a growth on the intestine that has a 20% chance that it will not become septic. So the doctor said he will not continue even if I want to because it will kill me.

So just got home. And will be in at work tomorrow. We received our essential permits so I am allowed. Thank goodness we support educational institutions.

The operation has been cancelled. There is a growth on the intestine that has a 20% chance that it will not become septic. So the doctor said he will not continue even if I want to because it will kill me.

So just got home. And will be in at work tomorrow. We received our essential permits so I am allowed. Thank goodness we support educational institutions.

I always try to see the positives, and not dying seems to be a big positive.

Will the growth go away?

Good luck with keeping on working, stay safe.

I always try to see the positives, and not dying seems to be a big positive.

Will the growth go away?

Good luck with keeping on working, stay safe.

We will see in 3 months time if the bloody lockdown (failure) is lifted. It might disappear, if it does not, I have to have a huge operation to get it fixed.

The idea of going on chemo is a bit of a pain, but as you said not dying is a huge positive.

Thanks, just being busy was a bonus today. It kept my mind off the crap.

• 4 weeks later...