Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

The tube was removed. I still vomited with the tube in. I can’t talk or swallow anything. So have to type everything on my phone that I need to ask the nurses and physiotherapist.

So communication sucks at this stage

Tough going there Cois.Keep at it.

As regards the comms tell them to tune into this thread and they will find out everything they need to know.Lol kill two birds with one stone :clap:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The tube was removed. I still vomited with the tube in. I can’t talk or swallow anything. So have to type everything on my phone that I need to ask the nurses and physiotherapist.

So communication sucks at this stage

Dear 'cois, I find these posts hard to read. I know you're going through an extremely unpleasant experience. I'm not going to offer you platitudes. But I will tell you that I often think of you and these posts and I admire your courage and fortitude. I do not know if you believe in God or prayer and I cannot tell you that prayer actually changes anything other than in the reassurance it brings to the mind of the one praying but every day I say a prayer for you. I, like many others here am - at a distance but nonetheless - with you on this step-by-step journey and we all hope for the very best outcome for you.

Found the problem.

My infection count was 50x above normal. Not to put it lightly I wanted to die Monday morning.

Yesterday my arm was immobilized to a drip moving out of the vein. So could not use my phone. Last night around 22h00 they removed the drip, 23h00 got a sleeping pill and I woke up at 06:30 this morning with a nurse waiting to take my vitals.

I was alert, awake and no pain. The doctor saw me. Ampath or the nurses forgot to order the needed bloodwork. So he could not decide to send me home or if I should stay one day more.

At 12h30 Ampath drew the blood and went off to test it. Got the results at 16:30.

I started packing my suitcase.

17h00 the nurse called the surgeon with the results. I could be discharged. So after almost a week, I am home at last.

The Oncologist begged me not to lose weight because a bit of fat help with the treatment

One week in Kloof:

9e540103319babcb9c6838eaed59669c.png

Edited by Cois

Good to hear you are back home.

HOPE you have a good Christmas break, free of any hospitals.

Sounds like the nurses messed up .... Ampath gets paid per test, they are normally good on following through when asked to do tests.

Good to hear you are back home.

HOPE you have a good Christmas break, free of any hospitals.

Sounds like the nurses messed up .... Ampath gets paid per test, they are normally good on following through when asked to do tests.

Agree 100 on Ampath. They arrived at my bed even before I made it to my bed when we booked in.

So I am 100% sure on where the problem lies. The same place where they do not know how to give a patient oxygen when he was passing out and turning blue thanks to a lack of oxygen

. I, like many others here am - at a distance but nonetheless - with you on this step-by-step journey and we all hope for the very best outcome for you.

To read this I can go gentle into the good night. I have left a little bit of a legacy! And as long as I can help other people with what I am going through, I will be up for it!

As soon as I heard that I can be part of a stoma product trail I was lets go for it. As long as I can help people I am happy.

A hard one I need to think about is what to do with my body when I die. At this stage if I can help doctors to understand and see cancer, and even find new treatments for others I will say ”Good, lets Go!”

All this shall not be for nothing! There will come good out of this!

To read this I can go gentle into the good night. I have left a little bit of a legacy! And as long as I can help other people with what I am going through, I will be up for it!

As soon as I heard that I can be part of a stoma product trail I was lets go for it. As long as I can help people I am happy.

A hard one I need to think about is what to do with my body when I die. At this stage if I can help doctors to understand and see cancer, and even find new treatments for others I will say ”Good, lets Go!”

Man you are such a brave soul and defnitely an inspiration for me....i salute you Sir

'Cois, there is indeed a legacy, if only on our hearts and minds. I for one will never forget all of this and your courage, which will always stand as monument in my mind.