Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

How can you do a structured workout if the thing can't do ERG mode?

Thanks.  Now I know that little information as well.  Will have to do a lot more homework on trainers and the terminology.  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have found a trainer R500 under the price on the Garmin Website..  Not like CycleLab selling the same trainer at R1000 more than the Garmin Website

How can you do a structured workout if the thing can't do ERG mode?

Meet required wattage by changing gear up or down if need be... ERG mode means no gear change required

Okay, another bust. We show stock on our websites, but our website is wrong.

So the hunt continues

Got a trainer.  The bike shop that did not have stock will order me one.  The shop is Hotspot Cycles in Pretoria.  Will pay the trainer tomorrow.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Awesome... :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: 

Please DM me your banking details so that I can do an EFT to you

Got a trainer.  The bike shop that did not have stock will order me one.  The shop is Hotspot Cycles in Pretoria.  Will pay the trainer tomorrow.

Did you get it Cois?

Did you get it Cois?

Not yet Sir.

They should ave it by Wednesday morning. Went to pay for it this morning.

They only had a 11-50 10 speed sprocket. So might ask them to swap the cassette of the Scott... unless Zwift has some wicked hills.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Awesome... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Please DM me your banking details so that I can do an EFT to you

Thanks Muttley.

Will pop you a PM shortly.

Thank you very much for the willingness to help.

Means a lot.

Not yet Sir.

They should ave it by Wednesday morning. Went to pay for it this morning.

They only had a 11-50 10 speed sprocket. So might ask them to swap the cassette of the Scott... unless Zwift has some wicked hills.

Which one did you get, the tacx fluid s like the one posted earlier?

If you don’t mind me asking, how much did it cost

Which one did you get, the tacx fluid s like the one posted earlier?

If you don’t mind me asking, how much did it cost

I got the Tacx Flux S Smart Trainer

Was R12500.

CycleLab quoted R13999 for the same device, but they do not have stock in Pretoria. Garmin has the RRP as R12999 on their website. So I am glad that HotSpot Cycles had it on sale for R12500.

Edited by Cois

I got the Tacx Flux S Smart Trainer

Was R12500.

CycleLab quoted R13999 for the same device, but they do not have stock in Pretoria. Garmin has the RRP as R12999 on their website. So I am glad that HotSpot Cycles had it on sale for R12500.

This is awesome!

Just make sure that it's fully compatible with your MTB- I originally purchased one of these from a certain CT bike shop after being told that it's fully compatible with my group set, only to find that my rear derailleur cage was too long. They told me to just use the bike in ERG mode and I told them to get stuffed and made them take it back.

This is awesome!

Just make sure that it's fully compatible with your MTB- I originally purchased one of these from a certain CT bike shop after being told that it's fully compatible with my group set, only to find that my rear derailleur cage was too long. They told me to just use the bike in ERG mode and I told them to get stuffed and made them take it back.

Thanks

They asked that I bring the Scott to the shop for them to make sure it will work with the trainer.

I am a bit sceptical about the gear ratio, but I have no idea how my body will react to being on the bike again, so I might dwell in the easier gears.