Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

Hi Cois,

I see that you're racking up the mileage on Zwift :clap:

How you holding out with the radiation therapy?

Thanks, Muttley

Doing my best at the moment. But some days are not that easy. But will be better next month as I will have a pain cave to set up in.

Today is the first day that I have severe nausea and a total loss of appetite. I wanted to stop on my way home to vomit, and nothing takes the feeling away (might try weed later on)

So I am not looking forward to next week where I have 5 days of radiation.

But we can only take it one day at a time.

And thanks again to the gents who helped with the purchase of the trainer. Means the world to us!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cois, not sure if it will help or if you've tried it already, but when my partner was pregnant and suffered nausea, we found that peppermint / spearmint oil (you can buy at dischem) in one of those essential oil burners mixed with some water really helped. 

Not saying it's the same situation, but it's worth a shot if you've tried everything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my last radiation session yesterday.  My energy has been at a very low level. The Oncologist wanted to book my off for the rest of the week and was a bit shocked when I said I will be returning to the office after the session.

Zwift was off the books as the area is a little sensitive, so hope to be back on the trainer by tomorrow

3 hours ago, Cois said:

Had my last radiation session yesterday.  My energy has been at a very low level. The Oncologist wanted to book my off for the rest of the week and was a bit shocked when I said I will be returning to the office after the session.

Zwift was off the books as the area is a little sensitive, so hope to be back on the trainer by tomorrow

You've got this!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Cois, howzit going...the thread has been silent for awhile.

I hope you are clocking up time on the IDT instead of hubbing ????

Put in a little bit of IDT time the past few weeks, but with Tapatalk not working I forget about the hub (the horror)

Been taking day for day since the last radiation therapy.  I am still very tired and for the last few days I do not stay awake after 20H00.  

But all in all things are looking good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 7:59 PM, Muttley said:

@Cois How you holding up?

So awesome to see you clocking up the miles on Zwift!

Not very well. Saw the oncologist yesterday, my cancer count more than doubled in the last month. He is submitting a new plan for chemo.

we moved last month to a little more wheelchair friendly place. Last week Sunday I started feeling sick. Had a few times where I vomited and my kidneys have been very sore. That is the main reason why I have been of the trainer.

Today I had severe abdominal pain, woke up at 03h00 with the worst pain, by 11h00 I could not walk.

So I called up the oncologist and saw him at 14h00. He gave me 3 drips full of medication and one bottle of pain meds. It helped at that moment. 

A little while ago I started vomiting again. 

So tomorrow I will have to get the darn covid test to get admitted to the hospital on Sunday.

There is a chance that it could be a blockage. But I can only hope and pray that the blockage (if it is a blockage) will subside on its own.

21 minutes ago, Cois said:

Not very well. Saw the oncologist yesterday, my cancer count more than doubled in the last month. He is submitting a new plan for chemo.

we moved last month to a little more wheelchair friendly place. Last week Sunday I started feeling sick. Had a few times where I vomited and my kidneys have been very sore. That is the main reason why I have been of the trainer.

Today I had severe abdominal pain, woke up at 03h00 with the worst pain, by 11h00 I could not walk.

So I called up the oncologist and saw him at 14h00. He gave me 3 drips full of medication and one bottle of pain meds. It helped at that moment. 

A little while ago I started vomiting again. 

So tomorrow I will have to get the darn covid test to get admitted to the hospital on Sunday.

There is a chance that it could be a blockage. But I can only hope and pray that the blockage (if it is a blockage) will subside on its own.

Strongs to you Cois! We're all rooting for you! Hope it's nothing too major - keep us in the loop!

Went to Wilgers Casualties after I vomited again on the recommendation of an Oncologist on call.

After waiting 45 minutes outside in the cold, I went to the pharmacy and got the medication that I could not collect this afternoon, and came home.

If you want to see the results of Covid, try to get emergency care at a hospital

Back at the Oncology treatment centre.

sounds like I will be admitted to the hospital.  I keep vomiting and can’t keep my meds down nor any liquids.

so we are just waiting for the final word from the oncologist, then I will be admitted.

1st night in hospital and the first in a very long time. The Oncologist think I might have a blockage.

I am on a few drips including a morphine drip and a nice 1 litre to replenish my fluids. Th last MRI showed that the cancer has spread a lot between the organs, and that might be a factor here. But will be waiting for the action plan, before I stress about nothing.